Default SMS app sending mesages twice.

Ghabee

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I installed 4.4.2 last night and everything seemed to work fine, however when I texted someone this morning using the default SMS app my messages were being sent twice. If I swap to Hangouts SMS it sends one but I really hate Hangouts and I wanna have the messages widget on one of the additional screens. Any thoughts on what might be causing this and how to fix it?
I tried disabling hangouts and removing shortcuts and widget but the problem persists.

Edit (clarification): When I hit the send button my messages appear twice and are being received twice by the contact I'm sending it to.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I installed 4.4.2 last night and everything seemed to work fine, however when I texted someone this morning using the default SMS app my messages were being sent twice. If I swap to Hangouts SMS it sends one but I really hate Hangouts and I wanna have the messages widget on one of the additional screens. Any thoughts on what might be causing this and how to fix it?
I tried disabling hangouts and removing shortcuts and widget but the problem persists.

Edit (clarification): When I hit the send button my messages appear twice and are being received twice by the contact I'm sending it to.
Since you just updated do a factory reset. When you restore make sure you open Hangouts and disable sms for that App and use the messaging App you are used to using to send your messages. There shouldn't be a reason why the text messages are being sent twice, and hopefully the above resolves it.

Ghabee

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the default messaging app. Tried factory reset and disabling Hangouts like you said, still sending my messages twice.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Are you running any other messaging apps? I know you dislike hangout buy I think messenger is being fading out

- Android Central App. N'oublions jamais l'Australie, Villers-Bretonneux.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc