Nexus 4: Will it last. The big conundrum!

doncoop

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Evening all. Last Monday I dropped my nexus 4 into a sink of water. It was fully submerged for about 4 seconds.

I immediately retrieved it, turned it off, then used tissue paper to remove water from the charging port and also the headphone jack. It was only in a bumper case which I then removed and threw away as was only cheap.

I submerged it in a closed tub of rice that evening and left it until Saturday when I charged the phone switched off.

Turned it on today. It works. Everything. Sound, speakers, touch screen.

But my big question to you all is will this last?!?

Am I better to cut my losses and get rid before it becomes useless or is there a chance or will be fine from here on out.

Any experience and thoughts welcome. I'm very tempted to get rid and get the Red nexus 5 or the moto g.

Bit I don't want to spend money if I don't have to.

Thanks all.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will it last. The big conundrum!

Yes. It's not flickering so the water would be out of the phone. You only worth about water really short circuiting it.

4 seconds its fine, I've had phones live in water for awhile as survive a solid time.

- Android Central App. N'oublions jamais l'Australie, Villers-Bretonneux.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Any experience and thoughts welcome. I'm very tempted to get rid and get the Red nexus 5 or the moto g.

Bit I don't want to spend money if I don't have to.

Thanks all.

Posted via Android Central App
If you are going that route, consider the Moto X. But both the Moto X or G have nano coating to resist water, so it can last while in water for a short time.

Most likely the water damage indicater inside the phone have gone red, so your warranty may be out.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it. If everything is working fine then it did not suffer permanent damage. Unless you're just looking for an excuse to upgrade, keep it until you really do need a new phone (or until something better comes along).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC