Huge battery drain in airplane mode

fc_themaster

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi, my Nexus 4 has a big problem. I have huge battery drain in Airplane mode. Overnight (about 7h) it drains 15-20% of battery.
I tried a lot of roms(CM11, AOKP, Stock an now Purity) and kernels (AK, Matr1x, Piasek, Franco and now faux), i tried also safe mode but the results are still the same.
Without Airplane mode (Wifi on (not good signal), Sync on) it drains about 25-30% during the same time.
I used BBS for wakelocks but i don't have important PWL.
I had a lot of KWL by msm_hsic_host and I resolved downgrading baseband from .098 to .048 and now .084.
The phone stays 99% of the time in deep sleep.
I also changed battery with a new one (spareslg.com) and the results are almost the same.
During the day I have 10-12h of battery with 3-4h of SOT.
What kind of problem I have? It's an hardware problem?
I tested new battery with AnTuTu battery tester and the scores are good.
I think that the problem is only when I turn the phone on sleep mode.

Thanks and sorry for my english.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Could you post battery stats when the battery gets low? It will make it easier to troubleshoot when we can see what is going on.

JohnBB101

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I've taken this from my thread...

Thanks to everyone who helped out...

My Nexus 4 seems to have stabilized, I've been observing it for a couple of days and it seems to be entering the critical deep sleep phase with minimal battery loss.

To aid people who'll trawl this thread in the future, here are a couple of things that I think made the difference:

1. Using Deep Sleep Battery Saver, especially at night and when I'm not at home (i.e. not connected to WiFi)

2. I don't use data consistently, when I want to check something I manually turn on and off data

3. Though UCCW didn't show up as keeping my phone awake, after uninstalling it I saw an improvement, I'm not sure if it actually made a difference or if it's my mind playing tricks on me (shout out to one of the thread posts that pointed this out).

4. Avoid the Minimalistic Text widget altogether, it looks nice but it drinks down your battery.

5. Disable everything under Location Services, be warned though this will mess up your Google Now output as well as a bunch of other things.

Last but not least, even while using DSBS, switch off your WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC etc, manually when not in use.

Thanks again to everyone who helped out!

I forgot to mention, the improvement happened after the 1.8mb security update, I have no idea how much of a factor it is.

fc_themaster

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
My problem is in airplane mode... my phone goes in deep sleep without problems but it seems that the hatdware doesn't respond at commands....

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I can think of to suggest is a cache wipe in recovery.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Javi Hache

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Any luck?
I habe exactly the same problem, and have followed the same steps you followed. The mako drinks 25% battery in 8h in airplane mode which is absurd. I have CM12.1 and quanta v6 as Kernel, but it doesnt help... I'm really desperate.

i have disabled all apps.. i tried also in safe mode and airplane mode together

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdvdbone88