Installing a new stock rom or doing OTA updates your baseband?

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
i'm AOKP on my Nexus 4 atm. I've heard that even if you do OTA for custom rom or flash a new custom rom like cyangomod mod or another AOKP rom, the baseband WOULD NOT be updated but rather it keeps the baseband that your phone originally came with, i was told custom roms can't change your baseband.

However, i was also told that installing a new stock rom like going from stock 4.3 to 4.4 would update your baseband. Or if you're on stock 4.3 and do an OTA upgrade to 4.4, it would also update your band.

so custom roms can't update or change your baseband via OTA or flashes and Stock roms can?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
i'm AOKP on my Nexus 4 atm. I've heard that even if you do OTA for custom rom or flash a new custom rom like cyangomod mod or another AOKP rom, the baseband WOULD NOT be updated but rather it keeps the baseband that your phone originally came with, i was told custom roms can't change your baseband.

However, i was also told that installing a new stock rom like going from stock 4.3 to 4.4 would update your baseband. Or if you're on stock 4.3 and do an OTA upgrade to 4.4, it would also update your band.

so custom roms can't update or change your baseband via OTA or flashes and Stock roms can?
Short answer is they could, but custom ROMs do not include the baseband radios for a multitude of reasons, and stock ROMs are complete phone images of all components of the phone... You can update just the radios yourself, look here: [REF] [RADIO] Mako modem collection - xda-developers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay