Nexus 4 battery problem

usmanyousaf

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Dear all,

I have a nexus 4 which i bought in sep last year through a 3rd party supplier in pakistan (since google play is not available in pakistan) they are offering 1 year repair warranty. I am running my device on official kitkat 4.4.2 updated last month.

After update to 4.4.2 i observed very strange battery issue. The battery level drops mostly 2 percent at a time. I suspect a Power consuming background process which starts as i turn on the screen. I currently get around 15hours backup with 3 hours of screen time. Battery stats dont show any unfamiliar activity. Though google keyboard takes 15% of my battery...yesterday it was only less than screen in battery stats.

Abother strange thing is a battery level drop while charging. The battery level shows 80, for example, and after some time it will be 78 or 77 with charger connected.

Is it a hardware issue...? Do i need to buy a new battery? Since warranty doesnt cover battery damage.

P.s i have not performed a factory reset yet.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I want to post screen shots. How can i do that. I dont find any option for attachments.
Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

There should be an icon that looks like a camera. Tap that, and it should let you browse your gallery.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
And this requires the Android Central Forums app, not the main Android Central app. You can also do it with Tapatalk, or with a desktop browser. :)

usmanyousaf

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
And this requires the Android Central Forums app, not the main Android Central app. You can also do it with Tapatalk, or with a desktop browser. :)

Thanks. I was posting from android central app.
Back to the battery issue.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital