Nexus 4 + LTE Sim Card Question

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello, fellow Nexus 4 users. I'm a Nexus 4 user in Seoul, South Korea. I'm currently using the lowest data plan my carrier has and I only get 200mb of data a month. The lowest plan for LTE phone users get 750mb a month, so I'm planning of getting an LTE sim card in order to have more data while not having to pay more. My question is, will this method work? I know the Nexus 4 doesn't have LTE, but won't the LTE sim card still work and provide HSPA+ connection or will the sim card mess up the connection because it's meant for LTE capable phones? Hope someone can help me out. Thanks in advance!

Shane Walters

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
try it it out and see what happens..i talked with verizon wireless customer service online ( they have 4g lte sims) and the said i could use my phone with their company.

JohnBB101

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello, fellow Nexus 4 users. I'm a Nexus 4 user in Seoul, South Korea. I'm currently using the lowest data plan my carrier has and I only get 200mb of data a month. The lowest plan for LTE phone users get 750mb a month, so I'm planning of getting an LTE sim card in order to have more data while not having to pay more. My question is, will this method work? I know the Nexus 4 doesn't have LTE, but won't the LTE sim card still work and provide HSPA+ connection or will the sim card mess up the connection because it's meant for LTE capable phones? Hope someone can help me out. Thanks in advance!

It'll work fine, the network cell will just see your device as incapable of supporting LTE and it'll pick up HSPA+

And the Nexus 4 does have a LTE capable antenna (only Band 4) so see if your network provider operates on that band but you'll have to root your device and get a custom ROM (start Googling ;) )

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks