Nexus 4 battery issues

Imagineclever

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed, that not only does it take longer to charge up after upgrading to KitKat 4.4. At least with my Nexus, It takes longer to charge when the power is completely off, than if charged when on. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
reboot sorts mine out. before kitkat it used to charge in 3.5 hours from my PC. Now if the phone has been on for more than two days it doesn't charge at all, it just wears down a bit slower!
It will charge in about 4 hours from the wall.
After a reboot it charges very slowly from PC (6/7 hours) and charges in about two from the wall.
Ironically my battery life has never been better, always get 2 days+ with at least 3 hours screen time, and that's mostly when playing games.
It's odd.

1210saad

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes it actually takes longer to charge with the phone off then on.

But if you want to save battery life I highly recommend enabling ART.

I got 5 hours of on screen time.

2adaza6y.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Rob Dickerson

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Enabling ART? I'm sorry I don't know what that is. Could you fill me in on what that is? Also, are there any reliable battery saver and sound booster apps out there that you can recommend? Thanks.
Nexus 4 KitKat 4.4.2

Last edited:

1210saad

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Enabling ART? I'm sorry I don't know what that is. Could you fill me in on what that is? Also, are there any reliable battery saver and sound booster apps out there that you can recommend? Thanks.
Nexus 4 KitKat 4.4.2

If you turn on your developer option and scroll down a little you can see select runtime from there you select art, its dalvick by default.
6ypa2e9a.jpg

I've tried many battery savers but none of them work they just kill more battery.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I have experienced the reported battery issue as well. I've also tried all of the suggestions to help improve battery life. None of then have worked. The last suggestion I tried was to uninstall updates to Google+, then reinstall the update from Google Play. That was actually worse. I did notice that one the update are uninstalled, the battery drain issue was vastly improved. So my solution was to uninstall updates to Hangouts and Google+ using the older versions on these applications. Olive also converted to ART but cannot say if that helps or hurts the situation. Auto update of all applications has been turned off. I'll keep things this way until Google figures out the problem and offers a fix.