Get rid of Google bar?

unstoppablekem

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I have a nexus 4 as my secondary phone, but I want to know how to get rid of the Google bar on the home screen. Is there a way? Thanks.

Sent from my Xbox One using AC Forums

Attachments

• 1393911789879.jpg
    1393911789879.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 42

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a nexus 4 as my secondary phone, but I want to know how to get rid of the Google bar on the home screen. Is there a way? Thanks.

Installing a third party launcher, like Nova, has the option to get rid of it.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That's the only way? You're saying that is there by default, and can't be get rid of without installing a launcher?

I think so. I couldn't find anything on a Custom ROM I am running, nor is it in Gravity Box through Xposed.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
3rd party launchers can be a nice alternative. It allows you to do thing's like remove the search bar among many other customizing goodies. Nova Prime and Apex are among the top choices around the forums, myself i really like Adw.ex launcher over the others

unstoppablekem

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I know you guys will get extremely pissed at me for my reason, but I'm not trying to start a flame war. I want to get rid of the Google bar so I can add the bing bar there instead, that's all. There, I said it. Sorry if I hurt your feelings...

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I know you guys will get extremely pissed at me for my reason, but I'm not trying to start a flame war. I want to get rid of the Google bar so I can add the bing bar there instead, that's all. There, I said it. Sorry if I hurt your feelings...

OK. No sweat. The Google search bar is integrated in most ROMs, especially the Nexus. I am not even sure if straight rooting the device will get rid of it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

lol No worries friend. We all have our likes and dislikes. If i were in your shoe's i would choose a launcher remove the search bar, load Zooper widget and create a Bing alternative :)

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I whipped up a quick example. Of course you can make it anyway you choose

1393914876996.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay