Wifi Tethering hotspot running unintentionaly in the background

RZMR

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have ran into an issue that's driving me mad, and I can't find a resolution for it anywhere on the internet. Pleas help me if you have had the same problem in the past.

When my phone isn't connected to a wifi access point, my phone starts transmitting one that can be seen from other devises. When I turn my wifi off, or when I power my phone down, the access point is gone. However, there is absolutely NOTHING on my Nexus 4 that gives a indication of this. Yet, the name of the access point is kinda familiar and seems to have been created by my self as it has the name: "rzmr mobile".
When digging into the settings > wireless and advanced > Tethering and wireless access point, the access point name is a default one and not the "rzmr mobile", and is also turned off off-course. When I do turn this on, I get a neat notification showing that my phone is in tethering mode, unlike normally.

Did anyone encounter this as well? Could this be a virus? Help!

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, first of all I am sorry but I am not getting what you are trying to ask ? Please be more clear, attaching some screen shots may help me in understanding the problem.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
There are tethering apps available; possibly you installed one sometime in the past? Perhaps even on an earlier phone and then it was automatically installed on your N4 when you first set it up.

That's the only suggestion I can come up with...

RZMR

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the sugestion, however I looked at all installed apps, looked trye all running apps, and didnt find a thing. Strange story...

Last edited: