Nexus 4 overheating/slow charge/ massive battery drain

Will_Oliver

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Good night, since a week ago and I've been having issues with my n4(first badge of n4). It only shows USB charging even when I'm using the wall charger, it takes more than 12hrs to reach 100% charge, and it drains in less than two Hours. I have kit Kat and haven't done any changes, just using Themer.

Any help please?

Thanks Will.
(while I wrote this, it went from 32% to 8% in 3 minutes)

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Seems like a bad battery. Consider a replacement battery if you are open to pulling apart the phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

yodiyo

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I've been having the same issue recently. I use various chargers and it appears to charge slowly on all of them suddenly.

I also installed themer, so that might be an issue.

Do the batteries degrade?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been having the same issue recently. I use various chargers and it appears to charge slowly on all of them suddenly.

I also installed themer, so that might be an issue.

Do the batteries degrade?
Yes, of course they do... Lithium Polymer batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and do gradually degrade over time.

Look at your battery usage, preferably with BetterBatteryStats or GSAM battery monitor, and see if something is really draining the battery hard... if not, try a factory default, and if the problems continue it's probably time for a new battery, it's pretty easy to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FlLncBp6jI

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem of heating and draining of the battery. I replaced the battery through the authorized service Centre. Still the battery drains about 60% overnight even when not put to use, with WiFi watched off. Anybremedy please.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Also, what do the battery usage stats show as the users of charge overnight?

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20