4.4.3 update

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone noticing any major improvements or problems?

I feel that the update is overall a smoother experience. There were a lot of changes "under the hood" and everything seems better or refined. Having the camera bug fixes is another big improvement that I was looking forward to for awhile.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Since the update, about half of my text messages don't send on the initial attempt even when I have at least one bar of signal.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I just got the notification that the update is ready to download.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
What are you doing here? Update it already :p

I would imagine you already did - or at least will be doing so shortly - let us know how it goes for you when it's complete.

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
What are you doing here? Update it already :p

I would imagine you already did - or at least will be doing so shortly - let us know how it goes for you when it's complete.

Yes, I updated and everything went smoothly. No problems like some others have reported.

jasonprice

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Just got my update about 15 minutes ago. We'll see if it fixes our issues.

If not, I already have our try before you buy moto x on its way :)

littlenoodles

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Like stated previously, the Nexus 4's 18 months are almost over. Personally I think that we will get all updates up to (but not including) the update that comes with the next Nexus/next major Android update at that time.

Posted via Android Central App

If so, that really stinks. I had a Nexus One, and was pissed that it only got 18 months of support. But that was understandable - the device didn't have enough memory to make the jump from Gingerbread. But the Nexus 4 has plenty, and isn't underpowered at all. The only reason I've been buying Nexus devices is for the upgrades. If Google's going to make you buy a new phone every 18 months, then the nexus is no better than a carrier device - and dare I say, much worse than an Apple device. I don't want that to be true - and voted with my dollars twice. But this thread is not encouraging.

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm having data issues now since updating to 4.4.3. Has happened to days now when I am at work. I'm on T-Mobile so maybe I'm coincidentally having network issues at my location?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk