Have to tap with two fingers to use touch screen?

Stealthinator247

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey, A few weeks ago I dropped my phone, and I just got it fixed. The problem I've been having ever since I got it back is I have to use two fingers at the same time to activate the touch screen. The guy that fixed my phone didn't know about the problem, and I can't do most things because its broken. Do you guys know any way I can fix this without paying any money? Thanks!

4ringsa6

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Is any of the accessibility features on in settings?

Have you tried factory restore? If you have and the problem is still present, there was an error in the repair. I would take it back to the business that fixed it.

Posted via Android Central App

faern

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. Dropped it. Sent it for screen repair. Got it back and now it require me to hold one finger anywhere on the screen to be able to use the rest of the screen with the other finger.

Did you ever find a solution?

faern

May 22, 2014
Visit site
In the bootup of the phone, when I enter my encryption key for the storage, I don't have this problem at all. So it must be a software problem. It only shows up inside android so to speak.

faern

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Hmm... I got some more data on this, but no solution.

I did a factory reset and that made everything work again (I had the stock ROM from Google). Well, it worked with one finger. But i had some random touches that were not registered sometimes, not too annoying, but more frequent than before the screen repair. I flashed to CyanogenMod and it still worked as before.

Then I encrypted the phone and after rebooting the touch worked fine on decrypt screen, but not when I entered the main OS. So, going back to encryption (which I had before factory reset for the first time) introduced the problem again. Thus I think this problem is only present on my phone if I encrypt it.

Did factory reset again and it works... Any solution to this so I can have it working AND have my phone encrypted would be nice.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Hmm... I got some more data on this, but no solution.

I did a factory reset and that made everything work again (I had the stock ROM from Google). Well, it worked with one finger. But i had some random touches that were not registered sometimes, not too annoying, but more frequent than before the screen repair. I flashed to CyanogenMod and it still worked as before.

Then I encrypted the phone and after rebooting the touch worked fine on decrypt screen, but not when I entered the main OS. So, going back to encryption (which I had before factory reset for the first time) introduced the problem again. Thus I think this problem is only present on my phone if I encrypt it.

Did factory reset again and it works... Any solution to this so I can have it working AND have my phone encrypted would be nice.

If I may ask, why do you need encryption?

Posted via the Android Central App

Andrew Beeman

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I encrypted my phone as well after I side loaded the newest Android 5 factory image. I am having the same issue. I too have a replacement screen. Did anyone figure out a fix??

infernozx

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
(I was trying to cross link this thread with another one in this forum to bring them all together, but I'm not allowed to link. :( It's "Nexus 4 screen problems please help!!!!!!")

Looks like the same/similar problems.

If this is an update bug it'd be nice to squash it before everyone gets updated?

Alternatively, maybe it's missing RF tape on the digitizer chip attached to the ribbon? I'm going to call and ask tomorrow to see if he knows if his replacement screens come with the RF tape, or if it was omitted. I know if it was there's nothing in there as I have my old screen and the tape is still attached.

Or maybe something in replacement Digitizers/LCDs, although my repair guy said he was using LG parts?

OR, maybe, there's something to do with the encryption on the tiny little part that's just below the digitizer/lcd connectors on the mainboard that is easily damaged when servicing? I know mine was slightly bent because someone pryed on it.

Richard C1

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
EXACT same issue just happened with my Nexus 4. I can now say it is MOST DEFINITELY the encryption that causes the glitch. My keypad works perfectly fine, but I decided to do an encrypt and reset (planning on selling the phone) and upon rebooting, the encrypt password screen registers fine, but after that the screen requires two fingers to be operational. Very strange.

Kiyoshi Masui

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Okay, I had my screen originally replaced by a repair shop who had a 90 day warranty on the screen. I took my phone back in, showed them this issue. After a bit of humming and hawing the replaced the screen again and everything works fine, even with encryption.

So, it isn't every replacement screen that breaks with encryption, just some of them. If you have a warranty, replacing the screen again resolves the issue.

Saeed Ebrahimi

Jun 27, 2020
Visit site
I've had exactly the same problem since the screen repair thing on my HTC 10, I've tried everything but it didn't work even the fix guy tried but nothing changed / I shut the phone off and suddenly after 1 or 2 months of inactivity when i turned it on it worked well, I figured out the problem would appear again if the phone shuts down, but unfortunately today I forgot to charge it and it went down, so after reboot, it just got back to the 2-finger state! :-\
Does anyone with a solution for this ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11