Screen started to not work 3 days after replacing it

dragosh98

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
So I dropped my phone screen and because the display was working but it wasn't recognizing me touching it at all, I bought a new screen. I replaced the screen and I thought I did it perfectly because I followed the videos very well. My phone ran the exact same as before I dropped it for about 3 days. Then it began to have problems. The screen would randomly go black and I'd have to restart it 2-5 times for it to work again. This lasted for about a day, until the screen started to stay black only to work for a few hours a day for about two days. Then since then about a week ago it just hasn't worked at all. I have gone and re-done all of the connections, I have even completely taken out and re-installed the screen but it did nothing.

The screen isn't completely black. When I turn it on it starts off as all white, then around the corners blackness starts to fade in until the entire screen is black, then a fuzzy rectangle around the middle goes from gray to black very slowly over and over until you turn it on. Also, it keeps turning on by itself so that is a bit annoying.

I think I will probably be getting a new screen soon from the person I bought it from on ebay because when I got it, it came very scratched on the back but I'm not sure if this caused it to stop working.

I was just wondering if anyone knew the exact problem or what went wrong and if anyone has had this happen to them before and what I should do to fix it. I will be very thankful for any help you can provide because I'd really love to be able to fix my phone.

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you need a replacement especially if the new one wasn't in good shape when you got it.

Posted via Android Central App

dragosh98

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I partially made this post because the ebay seller wants me to send back the screen which will cost me some money before he will send a new one, and then I'll have to wait a month for that shipping so I just wanted a second opinion before committing to it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad