Still kickin'...

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So, 18 months after launch, how is your Nexus 4 hanging in there? Assuming you still have it, of course; seems a lot of people have moved on to new devices. Mine is still as beautiful as ever, although the headphone jack hasn't worked since last year, battery life seems to be inconsistent and slowly trending downward, and I notice a touch of lag and stutters now and again. The last could probably be fixed with a factory reset, but I'm too lazy. The others I've learned to deal with or work around.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Externally it's immaculate. What few minor problems it has I'm convinced are Google Services and Android issues, not issues with the phone. The one exception is that the touchscreen occasionally gets wiggy in the wrong conditions.

Last edited:

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
All good here. My only complaint is storage. 16gig just isn't enough. Constantly clearing caches and whatnot. Usually very responsive. I have the disco white version so waiting for something special to come along. Maybe a GPE GS3 if there is one. Surprised in that I haven't wanted another phone since buying this one. Used to get a new phone every 8mos or so.

Posted via Android Central App

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I got it in February 2012, and it's still running well and in near-perfect shape physically. I'll probably use it for at least another year. I really like being able to change operators without having to wait for the subsidy lock to expire.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
All good here. My only complaint is storage. 16gig just isn't enough. Constantly clearing caches and whatnot. Usually very responsive. I have the disco white version so waiting for something special to come along. Maybe a GPE GS3 if there is one. Surprised in that I haven't wanted another phone since buying this one. Used to get a new phone every 8mos or so.

Posted via Android Central App

I have to agree on the storage. I was originally of the mind that 16gb was fine, but I'm starting to run low on space (without any music on the phone) so I'll be looking for 32gb at the least in my next phone (or sd card support).

As for a replacement, nothing's grabbed me yet. The One M8 is too bezeltastic and camera gimmicky, the S5 is too Samsungy and covered with TouchWiz, the OnePlus One is way too big, and the G3 looks to be a big battery hog thanks to that massive screen. Hoping the Moto X+1 (or whatever it ends up being called) hits the sweet spot of features, size, price, and battery life. If not... well, there's always the next Nexus. :)

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I have had mine since January '13. This is the first phone that I have had that I haven't found a need to upgrade after 12 months. I am on the fence about picking up a Nexus 5 not because I need one but due to rumors of it being the last Nexus device. I haven't heard anything on the pricing of the Android Silver devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci