Help! Battery drain fast since Android updates

CeruleanBlue58

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
My N4 is stock, non-rooted. I don't have a ton of apps installed. It was working fine before the 4.4.3 and .4.4.4 updates, and now it's draining pretty darn quick, even while sleep and idled.

Google Play Services and Android System are listed at the top of most consuming apps. How do I fix this, someone?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
This seems to happen a lot after an update hits. It's happened to me a few times and after a day or so it seemed to work itself out for me.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My N4 is stock, non-rooted. I don't have a ton of apps installed. It was working fine before the 4.4.3 and .4.4.4 updates, and now it's draining pretty darn quick, even while sleep and idled.

Google Play Services and Android System are listed at the top of most consuming apps. How do I fix this, someone?
Reboot... if that fails change your Location Services to Device Only, this will most likely reduce you battery drain significantly. Without having more detailed information from an app like GSAM or BetterBatteryStats to see what is truly using the battery, this is about all I can recommend.

CeruleanBlue58

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I've deleted this and that cache, then rebooting, and still massive battery drain with Google Play Services and Android System at the top of the battery consumption list. Anyone have another suggestion on things to try?

sibeans

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I updated via factory image restore and haven't had problems; n4 is rooted w/ stock ROM and kernel.

Posted via Android Central App

gusar2000

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
On google play store turn off automatic updates. It reduced drain in my case. Also, my phone needs a reboot once in a while (let say in 2-4 weeks) to reduce drain, otherwise Android OS starts to suck it up. :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Op, if you haven't already done so, consider a factory reset. Be sure to backup your data and see if that clears up your problems.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app