Apps Not Automatically Updating

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Lately when I go into the Play app and choose My Apps, I often find anywhere from four to more than a dozen apps that have updates. When I go through the task of updating them manually one at a time, I find that the Auto-Update option is already checked for each one. If it weren't annoying enough to have to update them manually, often an app will finish updating and then reappear on the list of apps that need to be updated. It's to the point where I don't bother to update apps any more.

Is anyone else experiencing this? The problem was rare in the first 16 months or so of ownership, so I'm wondering if 4.4.4 introduced a bug.

googol

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had this issue. The play store does not automatically update apps even if the setting is turned on if the app update involves addition of new permissions. New permissions require you to manually accept them.

Posted via the Android Central App

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
The play store does not automatically update apps even if the setting is turned on if the app update involves addition of new permissions. New permissions require you to manually accept them.

Right. But even when they don't require new permissions, they're not automatically updating.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't have auto-update turned on so I can't say that I've had this problem. I just wait for the notification to pop up that updates are available, then hit update all (and skip the one where I won't allow new permissions). Try turning auto-update off and just do it manually for a week or so, and then turn it back on. Either it will fix itself or you'll get used to doing it manually. Might fix your re-update problem, too.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Apps not updating again, even when the SIM is removed and reinserted. I also now get a system notification: "Restricted access changed. Data service is blocked."

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Did you try to root the device?

No. Zero interest in rooting or doing a hard reset. If there's not an easy way to resolve system notification and auto update issues, then I'll just ignore the notification and update apps manually when I get around to it.

blah2623

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
No. Zero interest in rooting or doing a hard reset. If there's not an easy way to resolve system notification and auto update issues, then I'll just ignore the notification and update apps manually when I get around to it.

No that's not what I meant..Usually the error you are facing happens in rooted devices or when the system kernel gets damaged by virus. Here's what you try scan your device completely and then restart your device ( Do not remove the sim ). Once restarted make sure your account is synced with Google Play and then remove the sim and restart the device. Hope that helps

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I also now get a system notification: "Restricted access changed. Data service is blocked."

This might be operator-related. I switched to Cricket a few months ago. After burning through my monthly allotment of 500 MB of high-speed access, I'm being throttled. KitKat might not like throttling. My plan renews tomorrow, so if the message is gone, then the culprit probably is throttling.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
My plan renewed overnight, but I'm still getting the error message, so the Cricket rep was wrong:

Fernando: All right I was verifying your account and the reason why this Issue is coming up to your phone it's because the data has been throttled
Fernando: you are out of the data right now

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63