Goodbye Nexus 4...

Hordiyevych

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I've had a Nexus 4 since a couple months after it was announced. I've rooted it, broken it, had replacements due to battery issues, run non Android ROMs, had issues with CAF kernels, and generally did everything that I could think of short of doing hardware mods (specifically fixing the stupid CPU insulation problem. I managed to get my hands on a 1+1 (invites are gone, sorry) and I simply wanted to make this post to show my appreciation for what I believe is one of the most iconic smart phones and I have to thank everyone in every forum group I've been a part of (especially XDA) for being the great community of the Nexus 4. It's been a good long run, and with a cracked screen and a dbrand skin on the back it is retiring to its box for the following years.

Truly a great smartphone, and, notably for me, my first Android smartphone :D. It taught me everything I know about Android today, and I'm happy I chose one of the best devices to mod.

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You may have left the phone, but at least you stayed within the OS. I keep hearing the N4 was a great phone, wish I could have had one for myself.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
You may have left the phone, but at least you stayed within the OS. I keep hearing the N4 was a great phone, wish I could have had one for myself.

Feel the same. Wish I could have experienced the N4. Never had a Nexus device so I'm thinking about getting the N6 to toy with

Posted via Android Central App

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm planning to get the next Nexus to replace mine, assuming it exists and is worth getting. Google needs to improve battery life in a big way, though: N4 and N5 were both barely acceptable. Fingers crossed on Project Volta.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Google needs to improve battery life in a big way, though

Agreed. That's my only complaint in ~18 months of owning an N4. The lack of LTE hasn't been an issue because this thing is boss on HSPA. I don't have any apps that would work better on LTE.

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Haha lucky you, I bought a Nexus 5 just a month ago because I couldn't find any OnePlusOne invites, I'm also really enjoying my Nexus. :D

Next time, use a cover instead of a dbrand skin, or be more careful. :p

fantasma4

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I bought my N4 when the N5 was released and there was $100 discount on the N4...plus I also sold my Galaxy Nexus once the N4 arrived... So basically I got this phone for about $175.
I'm hoping to repeat the same process once the next Nexus is announced and I'll buy the 5... Although that new Moto X is looking tempting.

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I bought my N4 when the N5 was released and there was $100 discount on the N4...plus I also sold my Galaxy Nexus once the N4 arrived... So basically I got this phone for about $175.
I'm hoping to repeat the same process once the next Nexus is announced and I'll buy the 5... Although that new Moto X is looking tempting.

You are going to love Nexus 5. <3

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
This was my first Android phone and my only phone. I loved it and still do. But I have a MacBook Pro with Retina and an iPad and will be going back to the iPhone. I only got this phone for a bigger screen.

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site

Same way I got my Nexus 4, and hope to do with the Nexus 5, unless the Nexus 6 blows me away then I might have to get that.