Are you getting the Nexus 6

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have conflicting feelings. It's awesome in almost every way, and if it were in the same price range as the N4 and N5 I'd buy it in a second, but for $650 I have to love it, and I'm not sure that I'm there.

With 64-bit coming to the high end almost certainly in q1 next year, it's an awkward time for me to feel like I want to pay top dollar for even a perfect 32-bit device, and the N6 isn't perfect: it's too big for my taste.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
No, for two reasons: The specs are great, but it's still more than I'm willing to pay for a phone even though I can write it off as a business expense. The color choices are the other deal-breaker.

Hopefully the Project Volta part of Lollipop gives my N4 a big boost in battery life.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
No, mainly because it's too expensive for my cheap arse! If it had a 64 bit CPU I'd reconsider, but I'm gonna wait.

Good to hear you've reconsidered the iPhone! :p

Posted via Android Central App

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
No, mainly because it's too expensive for my cheap arse! If it had a 64 bit CPU I'd reconsider, but I'm gonna wait.

Good to hear you've reconsidered the iPhone! :p

Not anymore! At the price they are asking and what I have thought about, I should just pick up an iPhone!

Posted via the Android Central App

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Not anymore! At the price they are asking and what I have thought about, I should just pick up an iPhone!

I think a lot of people will think this, "at that price I may as well get a note 4/Z3/iPhone". I'm not sure what the nexuses USP is anymore...

Haha personally, if apple got what they want and killed off all other smartphone makers, I just wouldn't own a smartphone anymore! I don't and never will so much as have an iTunes account!

But to each their own.

rowdyspartan

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I always considered myself phone agnostic. I'm off contract and have bounced around android manufacturers but always considered making the move to iOS. Then last year I picked up the Nexus 5 and fell in love with stock android. Immediate updates to android & being close to google software/hardware developments became key. Full transparency, i am now biased. I overlooked all of the N5 'lower specs' (in comparison to M8, G3, S5) for the UI. If that sounds like you, there are three phones to consider over the next month: N6, MotoX, Droid Turbo. And if you can wait much longer, the Silver program for those more budget conscious. I guess my only advice is to not chase the specs, discover the experience that works best for you.

bnice

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Their will always be individuals not worried about cost and just get it. The nexus 6 is priced right within it's competition.

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I always considered myself phone agnostic. I'm off contract and have bounced around android manufacturers but always considered making the move to iOS. Then last year I picked up the Nexus 5 and fell in love with stock android. Immediate updates to android & being close to google software/hardware developments became key. Full transparency, i am now biased. I overlooked all of the N5 'lower specs' (in comparison to M8, G3, S5) for the UI. If that sounds like you, there are three phones to consider over the next month: N6, MotoX, Droid Turbo. And if you can wait much longer, the Silver program for those more budget conscious. I guess my only advice is to not chase the specs, discover the experience that workst best for you.

Since I am frugal ;-) what is the Silver program?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Since I am frugal ;-) what is the Silver program?

You've not heard of android silver? It's a programme from Google to get big manufacturers making stock or near stock devices.

It may or may not happen, and they won't be cheap.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I think a lot of people will think this, "at that price I may as well get a note 4/Z3/iPhone". I'm not sure what the nexuses USP is anymore...

Haha personally, if apple got what they want and killed off all other smartphone makers, I just wouldn't own a smartphone anymore! I don't and never will so much as have an iTunes account!

But to each their own.

Well how is an Apple account bad? But yeah the Nexus's USP is gone or maybe the new one is just pure flagship with stock Android? I want it and I also want the iPhone 6. If I had the income I would buy both lol

rowdyspartan

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Android Silver program is meant to deliver higher end mobile devices from partnering manufacturers without the bloatware. It's Nexus-ish, and in exchange for manufacturers' partnerships, they get advanced updates and development/marketing assistance from Google. They're supposed to be lower priced Nexus-like devices, though I've read recently that Google has had trouble getting sign on from partners (long delayed).

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Well how is an Apple account bad? But yeah the Nexus's USP is gone or maybe the new one is just pure flagship with stock Android? I want it and I also want the iPhone 6. If I had the income I would buy both lol

There's nothing wrong with having an iPhone or an apple account, unless you hate apple. Which I do.

Also I've heard they force you to listen to U2...

DroidTron

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Still got my Nexus 4 and I'm not sure I see any compelling reason to switch to the Nexus 6. Sure it's bigger and faster, but what are the new great features that it can do that the Nexus 4 can't that would make me want to spend $700+ after tax and shipping?
And in 6 months there will be new 64bit phones that are faster, better, and maybe even cheaper.

Features that I would like in my next phone:
long battery life
a good fingerprint scanner (although I haven't used the iphone or samsung ones, I like the concept to unlock a phone)
weatherproof/waterproof (I was in a very humid country last month which triggered the moister alert on the N4. Thankfully it went away once it dried out)
low frequency LTE band 12 support (I'm on TMO)
excellent point-and-shoot camera
efficient voice controls that don't kill the battery (like on the moto-x?)
quick updates!

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Still got my Nexus 4 and I'm not sure I see any compelling reason to switch to the Nexus 6. Sure it's bigger and faster, but what are the new great features that it can do that the Nexus 4 can't that would make me want to spend $700+ after tax and shipping?
And in 6 months there will be new 64bit phones that are faster, better, and maybe even cheaper.

Features that I would like in my next phone:
long battery life
a good fingerprint scanner (although I haven't used the iphone or samsung ones, I like the concept to unlock a phone)
weatherproof/waterproof (I was in a very humid country last month which triggered the moister alert on the N4. Thankfully it went away once it dried out)
low frequency LTE band 12 support (I'm on TMO)
excellent point-and-shoot camera
efficient voice controls that don't kill the battery (like on the moto-x?)
quick updates!

That sounds very much like an iPhone IMO

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae