Hey All,

I have a factory ASOP 4.4.4 install running with factory recovery image... when I'm trying to sideload the new android 5.0, I'm getting the following error:

Code:
    Installing update...
    Verifying current system...
    "/system/bin/mpdecision" has unpexted contents.
    E:Error in /tmp/update.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.
    Google isn't being helpful in finding other people with the same issue... anybody have any tips on how to troubleshoot?
    11-19-2014 10:35 PM
    Descupe by English.
    train depot that appeared to me that I used to update my nexus 4 - Nexus Root Toolkit- has several tutorials on google.
    When you first start it takes ... and does not start.

Then I did this:

If your smartphone is connected, disconnect it.
    Holding down the volume down button, press and hold on / off until the device is turned on the button. You will see the word "Start" (Start) with an arrow around.
    Double-press the volume down button to highlight "Recovery mode" (Recovery Mode) option.
    / Off to reboot into recovery mode press the button. You will see a picture of the Android robot with a red exclamation mark and the message "No command." (No charge).
    While holding down the on / off button, press the button to increase volume.
    Use the volume buttons to navigate to "wipe data / factory reset" (wipe data / factory settings) and press the on / off button to select.
    Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data" (Yes - delete all user data) and press the on / off button to select.

He usually started now!
    11-21-2014 09:42 AM
    Hey All,

I have a factory ASOP 4.4.4 install running with factory recovery image... when I'm trying to sideload the new android 5.0, I'm getting the following error:

Google isn't being helpful in finding other people with the same issue... anybody have any tips on how to troubleshoot?
    Wait, did you install AOSP 4.4.4 (which is a custom ROM) or do you merely have the Nexus KitKat 4.4.4? Sorry, your message can be interpreted either way.
    • If the former, then you need to grab the Lollipop image files from here https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images and flash them -- you will lose all your data when you do this, so back up your stuff.
    • If the latter (stock Nexus image), are you rooted? I mean, anything in the /system mount is protected storage so the fact that a file there is different tells me you either rooted the phone or this is not a stock Nexus ROM.
    • Lastly, it could be the Lollipop file itself -- maybe it's corrupted?
    11-21-2014 09:30 PM
    Hey All,

Code:
    Installing update...
    Verifying current system...
    "/system/bin/mpdecision" has unpexted contents.
    E:Error in /tmp/update.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.
    Status 7 means your phone fails the update script checks, and this one is obvious, your phone is not stock... if mpdecision has unexpected contents you have a custom ROM, or at the very least a modified kernel.

To use the Lollipop OTA path, whether over the air or manually flashed via sideload, you must be 100% stock on the official Google Factory Images build KTU84P for the OTA to work.
    11-22-2014 09:16 AM