Nexus 4 screen replacement question.

darksniper112

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have been using the nexus 4 for a while now as a spare phone, recently it dropped and the screen took a hit and smashed. The screen still displays everything but there is no response to any gestures what so ever, meaning the touch screen is no longer functioning.

I have previously replaced an iPhone 4s screen with no real problems but from what I can gather the nexus seems quite difficult to replace or am I wrong regarding this.

Since my display works I only need to replace the digitizer but because from I understand the lcd display and the digitizer and glued together so just replacing the digitizer alone would be quite difficult.
I know it’s cheaper replacing the digitizer alone but harder, will I just opt to buy the lcd display which has an digizter glued already and replace that which will be in turn more expensive but easier to fix?

drew_t

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I also have an N4 with a smashed screen and nonfunctional digitizer. The replacement guides I've seen on the web and YouTube characterize the job as being moderate in difficulty. I don't think trying to replace just the digitizer and keeping the broken screen would make much sense, even if this is only a spare phone. If you're going to go to the trouble of fixing it, you may as well do it right. The real decision seems to be whether to buy the replacement screen/digitizer unit with or without the metal bezel.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt