lollipop update notification

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I have no intentions of upgrading my N4 until sufficient time has passed that all apps are updated and the bugs are gone.

Phone works fine and see no reason to take a chance on problems. I will probably update at some future time but when I am ready to do a complete system reset first and reload my apps.

It annoys me though that the notification keeps coming up. At first I just hit later but now even with later it comes back on my notification quickly.

Is there a way in settings to turn of system upgrade notifications?

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm seriously considering this as well after the Lollipop update made my N7 all but unusable.....curious to see if there's a solution.

jeremmar

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I am with ya. Also waiting a while to update, but get tired of seeing the notification....

Posted via Android Central App

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I usually wait a few weeks to install an update so I can hear if there are any bugs. But this time, I installed it as soon as I got it because I needed to know if it would fix the battery and screen problems. If not, then I'd have time to take advantage of Black Friday phone promos.

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I usually wait a few weeks to install an update so I can hear if there are any bugs. But this time, I installed it as soon as I got it because I needed to know if it would fix the battery and screen problems. If not, then I'd have time to take advantage of Black Friday phone promos.

How's it been working for you on the N4? My N7 (2012) got it and has been SO slow! I've factory reset twice, the task switcher button never works like it should and overall it's just been horrible....I know part of it is that the tablet is getting old, but the system upgrade just made it unbearable.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
How's it been working for you on the N4?

After almost 24 hours, it's been fantastic in terms of performance. For example, I have yet to encounter any lags when switching between screens or launching apps. The only bug is that the CBC Radio app crashes as soon as it launches, but I don't know if that's OS-related or if the developer hasn't done something to support 5.0.

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
After almost 24 hours, it's been fantastic in terms of performance.

Did you do a factory reset or wipe the cache partition? I've never bothered on previous updates and never had issues, but I've heard a lot of people who have done that before this update haven't seen many issues.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Did you do a factory reset or wipe the cache partition? I've never bothered on previous updates and never had issues, but I've heard a lot of people who have done that before this update haven't seen many issues.

I did a hard reset. This was the first time I did that, and it was an attempt to cure a problem with the device not waking up. So far, that problem hasn't occurred again, but I don't know if it's because of the hard reset or the new OS.

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
How's it been working for you on the N4? My N7 (2012) got it and has been SO slow! I've factory reset twice, the task switcher button never works like it should and overall it's just been horrible....I know part of it is that the tablet is getting old, but the system upgrade just made it unbearable.
I have no intentions of upgrading my N7 2012 which I did a factory reset on and only put a few apps for my wife who uses it since I went to a Galaxy tab pro 8.4. The old nexus 7 is working fine now with no real lags or problems. Only thing I have seen is she has had some screen freezes when playing 2 dots. She has no idea about Lollipop and if it was updated she probably would not like any changes that were not immediately beneficial, as this is her first time using a tablet.

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
This could be the answer to my question

Settings / Apps all / Google Services Framework and unselect Show Notifications

Will set it up on my N4 and N7

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
After reading some other posts I went ahead and wiped the cache partition on my N7 2012 and it made a world of difference! All the lag and problems I had after the 5.0 update seems to be gone. And unlike a factory reset, it doesn't delete your data so for anyone who does take the update and is having issues I would definitely recommend trying it.

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
After reading some other posts I went ahead and wiped the cache partition on my N7 2012 and it made a world of difference! All the lag and problems I had after the 5.0 update seems to be gone. And unlike a factory reset, it doesn't delete your data so for anyone who does take the update and is having issues I would definitely recommend trying it.

For those wondering I assume you are referring to a system cache wipe as in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x28zoyOy3-U

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc