Hi all

Some months back I rooted my Nexus 4 and installed Franco Kernel on it to improve the awful battery life I was getting. However, last week I decided I wanted to upgrade to Lollipop. I heard the only way to do that was to re-flash the stock ROM and kernel etc.

I've just tried that by following instructions from the video and the .zip files on the nexus 4 thread at xda (development/rom-flashable-stock-rom-radio-kernel-t2527806) (sorry, Im not allowed to paste links apparently).... but when trying to install the .zip files for the Radio and the ROM in custom recovery, it said can't open (bad) installation aborted! But now that I've wiped the data etc. it won't load up at all and I can't access via USB!!

Can anyone provide some easy step by step instructions to get me out of this mess?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I have custom recovery ClockworkMod v6.0.4.7 if that makes any difference.
    11-29-2014 08:10 PM
    1) You can't post links until you make 10 posts.

2) Look on XDA in the N4 area for a way to flash a stock ROM through CWM. There should be a way.
    11-29-2014 08:12 PM
    Hi Rukbat

Thanks again.

Unfortunately, the problem is that I am not sure how I would go about downloading anything to flash because it won't load in the first place.

Is all hope lost?
    11-30-2014 04:14 AM
    Google nexus root toolkit from wugfresh. Install that on your computer, install all of the drivers through the driver install button.

Then, there is a return to stock option. Select the soft brick/ bootloop option. You need to unlock the boot loader first for this to work. There is a button to do that as well.

Plug into the PC and run it.

You need to get your phone into fastboot ( hold power and volume down while turning on) before you run it.

You can restore right to lollipop from there.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-01-2014 08:45 AM