Part of my touch screen isnt working. I cant enter the numbers below the number 9 so i cant hit the enter button after ive written my pin. I need to perform a reset but i cant access the boot loader since my volume rocker doesnt work and debugging isnt enabled on my phone so cant use adband the nexus 4 cant be connected to a mouse via usb. Its running lollipop. Need help
    12-02-2014 02:50 PM
    Well, if the volume rocker doesn't work your only options are a to use an USB Keyboard/mouse to input your PIN and perform the reset from the settings menu, use a PC to force the reset via USB, or use a service station via USB. The first two, as I understand, you can't do, and the third one requires the service station, which only service dealers or developers have.

This just occurred to me, but I don't know if it kicks in at PIN input or after it's logged in, but it's worth a shot. You can initiate a remote wipe via the Android Device Manager in your Google Play account. In theory, after that and the phone is turned on and connected to a valid data network, the wipe command should take place. Just MAKE SURE that's what you want, as I don't think this can be cancelled once it is sent out.
    12-02-2014 03:12 PM
    As a last resort, if nothing else works, look for JTAG services in eBay. They connect another computer to the phone (by wiring to the motherboard) and can control it externally - enough to flash a working ROM.

If the touch screen itself is bad (or the motherboard is), you're going to have to decide whether spending 3/4 the price of a new phone to get yours repaired makes sense to you. (If every penny is important, that 1/4 the price, about $50, makes a difference.)
    SpookDroid likes this.
    12-02-2014 03:21 PM
    If you leave the power button pressed for a long time the phone resets without having to tap anywhere.
    12-03-2014 09:00 PM
    If you leave the power button pressed for a long time the phone resets without having to tap anywhere.
    I think he wants to do a factory reset, not just reboot the device.
    12-04-2014 02:39 PM