Lollipop update-worst update ever

Khoi Doan

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
can you guys pleases reverse this update cos the lollipop update made my phone laggy+ the battery drain is unbelievable.. im just having so, so many problem with this update. and not to mention my gallery? :confused::-Xwhat happen to it??..its gone... pufff:':)'(
I can't play clash of clan for more than 30 min NOW without having low battery..pleaseeeeee:':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)'(

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
We can understand that you are having issues with the Lollipop update, but I don't it's justified to call it the worst update ever.

Anyways have you tried clearing the cache partition, or maybe factory reset once? If both of those methods did not work you can go back to Android 4.4 but the method can be a bit tough for some people.

Why not wait for an Android 5.0 update that fixes these issues?

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I also discourage going backwards, but if you need to you can flash any factory image you'd like. Just be aware you'll have to wipe your phone in the process.

pjc123

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, I found this to be the second best update ever, behind the jump to Kitkat. The phone is so fast now that it is like I just purchased a brand new model. All my previous apps still work except for one non-critical one that I planned to remove anyway. Many very welcome tweaks have been added. Too early to tell about battery life, but my first impressions are I see no change. As far as Gallery is concerned, I just use the Photos app, but you might need some of the features that were in the Gallery app?

Then again I waited until yesterday to install Lollipop. I installed the 5.0 factory image (with the modified flash-all.bat so it retained my apps/data), didn't even try it out so I can't report about any bugs, then immediately installed the 5.0.1 factory image the same way; I was waiting for everything to stabilize as I always do when a new release is issued, meaning waiting for the next update with various fixes to be issued that always comes out (aka 5.0.1 in this case), an updated TWRP, a fully working SuperSU, and time for apps to get updated.

Last edited:

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Same here as above poster waited until yesterday to update to allow as many apps as possible to update. Would have waited longer but 5.01 will come along soon and its best to get 5.0 out of the way ahead of time.
Have seen no problems and really no benefit. We have the lollipop new look with floating tabs and such but I could care less about the visual aspects.
I use my phone for pretty basic stuff so don't know what it would be like with games.