Lost storage space?

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, so my N4 had around 1.4 gb of storage space on it. I attempted to download a game that was 1 GB. While it made it through around 70%, my work WiFi cut off and the download was aborted. Now, the game used about 700 Mb of storage attempting to download. When I try and download it again, I do not have enough space on storage. I cannot seem to free that 700 Mb up from the failed download of the game. Any advice would be great. Thanks

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Reboot into recovery and wipe your cache partition. Google it if you don't know how, it is fairly simple and does not erase any of your data, it will take a while to boot the first time after doing this, possibly even 30+ minutes, well the cache is rebuilt, be patient.

If that fails, go to Settings, Apps, All and Sort by Size from the 3 dot menu, if one is very large, remove it or clear it's data. some major apps that are known to take up significant data are Amazon, Spotify, Google Music, and other apps that cache a lot of data. Also make sure your pictures and videos are synced to the cloud then you can delete older ones off you device to make room.

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Reboot into recovery and wipe your cache partition. Google it if you don't know how, it is fairly simple and does not erase any of your data, it will take a while to boot the first time after doing this, possibly even 30+ minutes, well the cache is rebuilt, be patient.

If that fails, go to Settings, Apps, All and Sort by Size from the 3 dot menu, if one is very large, remove it or clear it's data. some major apps that are known to take up significant data are Amazon, Spotify, Google Music, and other apps that cache a lot of data. Also make sure your pictures and videos are synced to the cloud then you can delete older ones off you device to make room.

Awesome, thank you. I'll give it a try.

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
So I entered recovery mode, but the android is on his back, with a red caution sign on the top. Under the android, it says "no command". Is this supposed to happen?

kegansb

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
You need to quickly press the home key and volume up.. A little tricky (give it a few tries) but it will get you where you need to be.

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I tried all of the above and still no dice. So frustrating. I just lost 700 mb of storage space I can't get back. Grrrr! Anything else I can try?