Can someone provide me with the Nexus 4 non-modified build.prop file?

Dylon Saaied

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 4 non-modified build.prop file

Hi everyone,
Today I tried to update my Nexus 4 with adb sideload, everything worked fine until it said that my build.prop has been modified. Which at some point I remember I did change something but im not sure what it was. Can any of you guys maybe provide me with the original build.prop file or atleast its contents so I can verify that I have the same settings.
Exact error message: ( couldnt take a screenshot in recovery mode)
Verifying current system. . .
''/system/build.prop'' has unexpected contents.
E:Error in /tmp/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
Thanks in advance :)

PS: Can I also just change the values in the file to make it seem like it has never been modified?

Last edited:

Crow1336

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 4 non-modified build.prop file

This may help. Search for the Nexus Root Toolkit by WugFresh. I too had a corrupt file that wouldn't let me sideload 5.0 but this tool made the sideload process so easy.

Dylon Saaied

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 4 non-modified build.prop file

This may help. Search for the Nexus Root Toolkit by WugFresh. I too had a corrupt file that wouldn't let me sideload 5.0 but this tool made the sideload process so easy.

If I flash system.img will this wipe any data? or if I manually swap the file with the original build.prop?
BTW: I looked at the original file and the one on my phone and on my phone there is an extra value called: ro.ril.hsxpa=3
Is this also in stock android or not? Otherwise that might be the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX