Why can't I sideload Lollipop?

Jack Nabors

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I know this subject matter has been covered extensively but I am no less stuck. I have loaded Android Sdk, I have downloaded the correct sideload patch/update, Developer options etc are on, I assume my problem is in the drivers, but you tell me.

Basically, the device can be found no problem with the CMD prompt while the phone is on, but while the phone has been put over to recovery mode, searching abd devices yields nothing. Similarly, while the phone is on, the drivers are all up to date, but when it is in recovery mode waiting for the sideload transfer, the icon in computer management goes back to the yellow triangle over the phone BUT the drivers i am trying to apply the computer does not recognize as being associated with the phone when i do the manual search.

I hope that was clear enough... Thanks for the help.

Jack

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) Do you have a driver for the phone installed in the computer?

2) adb wants the phone in download mode, not recovery mode.

Jack Nabors

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for Replying -- The driver says it is fine when the phone is on and running normally, but when you get it to the screen that says to use the command line adb sideload (file name) and check for adb devices, it doesn't register.