How do I get rid of this loud screeching noise on my Nexus 4?

A

AC Question

Screeching Noise- Newer Answers needed

Hi there I have a Nexus 4 and just did the lollipop update. First, people were unable to hear me on the phone so I did a factory reset, now there is this large screeching noise since I did the factory reset- My partner had the exact same problem happen... same problems same times... he reset and had a different problem.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Screeching Noise- Newer Answers needed

This is a "take it to the carrier" problem. Unless the laws in your country are VERY different than they are in the US, it's basically, "you broke it, you fix or replace it" - and since the carrier sent the update, they broke it. I'd start out being nice, asking them to please fix the problem caused by their recent update but, depending on the carrier, I wouldn't stop sort of a letter to the CEO marked "Personal and Confidential" or a class action suit. They can;t legally absolve themselves of the liability of their actions, intended or not. I know AT&T would either fix your phone and apoligize for your trouble, or apologize for having to replace the phone. (It's one of the reasons I'm with them - service above and beyond.) Other carriers may be easy to work with or just refuse to do anything - you'll have to find out how yours is.

But it's their problem, not yours, unless you live in a country that says otherwise.

Edit:
Didn't notice that it's a Nexus. If the update came from Google directly, it's Google's problem. Start with the carrier anyway. (But if it goes to court, the defendant is Google, not the carrier.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv