I pulled my phone out of my pocket today and out of the blue the soft keys aren't working at all, I've tried restarting a few times and nothing is working, the screen hasn't had any problems at all before and this just happens all of a sudden, can anyone help me with this at all?
    04-01-2015 08:05 PM
    I pulled my phone out of my pocket today and out of the blue the soft keys aren't working at all, I've tried restarting a few times and nothing is working, the screen hasn't had any problems at all before and this just happens all of a sudden, can anyone help me with this at all?
    Here is a thread you can look through that might have something that could work for you. If not you might need to send it to Google to get fixed.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...n-problem.html
    04-02-2015 07:50 AM
    Problem is it never had any problems with touch before, I also was able to make my way to the play store and install an app that allows me to flip the screen all the way around and when flipped the buttons work fine but the notifications bar is in the same area so I have to flip it over again to use that. I was able to get an app that allows me to see what areas work or not and surprisingly the only area that doesn't work is the exact area where the softkeys are, it's definitely a software problem, I just have no idea how to fix it.
    04-03-2015 03:36 AM
    this problem started happening to my nexus 4 about a week ago. So i just rooted my phone and installed "pie control" really didn't like that so i installed GMD gestures. I kinda like it a lot more then on screen buttons. Decent work around IMO. to remove soft buttons i used this //forums.androidcentral.com/nexus-4-rooting-roms-hacks/239975-remove-navigation-bar.html
    05-02-2015 06:55 PM