I forgot my password on my Nexus 4 Lollipop and ADM will not work for me. How can I get into my device?

A

AC Question

I forgot my password on my Nexus 4 Lollipop and ADM will not work for me.

I heard the ADM method but for it says "Since Google has verified that a screen lock is already set, the password you entered won't be needed." I can not enter in my device and i do not want to reset my phone. Any help?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: I forgot my password on my Nexus 4 Lollipop and ADM will not work for me.

I heard the ADM method but for it says "Since Google has verified that a screen lock is already set, the password you entered won't be needed." I can not enter in my device and i do not want to reset my phone. Any help?

Welcome to Android Central!

You should be able to use Android Device Manager to unlock the phone remotely.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=-zDia7g1KBj_o3eY9gaJmQ&bvm=bv.89947451,d.b2w

sussafuss

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site

This no longer seems to be true. Having very same trouble, except that I KNOW my password...use it multiple times a day. It's the password I've been using FOREVER! It seems that password has been mysteriously reset. No one else has had access to my phone today. I've not even so much as peeked at my settings today (so, if I inadvertently changed them, that is another mystery.)

So far, tried my password 15 times. No success. Went to ADM, tried to change using LOCK option. After giving NEW PASSWORD, then CONFIRM PASSWORD, got the following messages in the order in which they appear below:

"We successfully sent a lock request to your device." (But, then immediately followed by...)

"Since Google has verified that a screen lock is already set, the password you entered won't be needed."

What has happened here? I have played with changing password using ADM many times just to ensure that it functions. Now, when I need it...KAPUT!

Somebody...anybody...your help and insight is needed. I would like to avoid the blunt force of a reset.

Samsung S4, Sprint (Can't check phone for most recent update because I cannot access device.)

sussafuss

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site

Update:

Awoke today and my original password (the one I've always had) works again.

Ok, option 1) I somehow forgot my own password. A possibility, sure, but I think very unlikely. When I was locked out last night, I tried it at least 20 times. Now, it's as if it never happened.

Option 2) Some weird security...event...occurred and now I am concerned.

However, aside from the random security/password glitch, the problem with ADM remains, as stated in my original post.

Today, I again tried ADM, no go on the LOCK and password change. Here are some other facts:

My phone is encrypted, so I wondered if my attempts at a new password were not up to specs (e.g. 0000, 9999). Tried hardier passwords (8-12 alphanumeric) and problem is the same.

At this point, I can access my phone but I still can't use ADM in the future to change password if either the device mysteriously self-locks again or I forget my password after a password change.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08