Back in Feb I started having an issue with charging up my phone, went through several cables and adapters. Eventually using a cable was out of the question as the phone wouldn't recognize that a cable was even plugged in. Initially, I would have to fiddle with the plug some to get it work, then that stopped. Eventually I took the route of buying a wireless charger instead of waiting for parts from China. That worked for a little over a month and a half. Then it would stop charging and give me the red light of death. I would eventually be able to get it charge, but at a slow pace. I first tried with the battery, replaced it and of course it would only recharge via wireless. That worked for about 3 weeks and the problems started happening all over again. I finally got my charging board and a new battery (again just to be sure) in from China. Installed both and made sure all connections were good. In the beginning it would take a charge from a usb cable, if the phone was flat and then that stopped. If you tried to connect it to a computer, it would read "Device is requesting too much power." Wireless worked again so I went with that. Now, the phone is going back to having issues with charging in general. I refuse to give up on the phone, but I feel like I'm running out of options here. I'm running the latest PA 4.4.4 build. I have another charging board I'm going to try as well.

Any suggestions?
    05-01-2015 12:23 PM
    Back in Feb I started having an issue with charging up my phone, went through several cables and adapters. Eventually using a cable was out of the question as the phone wouldn't recognize that a cable was even plugged in. Initially, I would have to fiddle with the plug some to get it work, then that stopped. Eventually I took the route of buying a wireless charger instead of waiting for parts from China. That worked for a little over a month and a half. Then it would stop charging and give me the red light of death. I would eventually be able to get it charge, but at a slow pace. I first tried with the battery, replaced it and of course it would only recharge via wireless. That worked for about 3 weeks and the problems started happening all over again. I finally got my charging board and a new battery (again just to be sure) in from China. Installed both and made sure all connections were good. In the beginning it would take a charge from a usb cable, if the phone was flat and then that stopped. If you tried to connect it to a computer, it would read "Device is requesting too much power." Wireless worked again so I went with that. Now, the phone is going back to having issues with charging in general. I refuse to give up on the phone, but I feel like I'm running out of options here. I'm running the latest PA 4.4.4 build. I have another charging board I'm going to try as well.

Any suggestions?
    This definitely sounds like a hardware issue. But just to be sure, have you installed another ROM or returned to stock ROM just to be sure it's not software related?
    05-01-2015 04:53 PM
    I haven't messed with the rom yet... I know I should of, but was waiting on a stable 5.0 release at the time. That's what I'm going to try today I suppose as I've done everything besides replacing the motherboard.
    05-01-2015 04:58 PM
    Is the USB port good, so far as you can judge?

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-02-2015 02:44 PM
    Is the USB port good, so far as you can judge?

Posted via the Android Central App
    It's a new one and it does. Evrrytime I take the thing apart, entirely, it will take a charge from a cable for one time. After that back to wireless and that one time is with it lying flat. I've tried installing the latest cm12 but still same problem. I'm thinking maybe a problem with connector that the charging board connects to.
    05-02-2015 03:05 PM
    I think you're probably right....a bad or loose connection somewhere.
    05-02-2015 04:08 PM