Mobile data not working after wifi disconnect

MsSparkie

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Nexus 4. Wondering why I have to shut down phone every time I go out. The triangle always shows an "!" and get a message it's offside. Powering down all the time is a pain.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Reboot when going outside?

Nexus 4. Wondering why I have to shut down phone every time I go out. The triangle always shows an "!" and get a message it's offside. Powering down all the time is a pain.

What version? Sounds like your mobile data connection when you switch from WiFi to mobile. There was some issues early with lollipop...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Does it auto reboot, or can you put the phone in Airplane mode for a few seconds?

From my G4
Android Central Ambassador Team Leader

MsSparkie

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site

Doesn't auto reboot. The exclamation mark and loss of service happens when I leave my home and won't work again until I manually reboot. Thanks

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

OK... what is happening is that the handoff between WiFi and Mobile isn't working properly. That exclamation point means that the mobile network is not functioning fully... it is connected, but it can't communicate. I'll have the thread moved over to the Nexus 4 forum... maybe get some feedback from users.

czito

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I've found that, once you enter mobile network settings, and apn settings your mobile data connection will come back without restarting your phone. I have also same issue that start occuring after 5.1 update.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 4

cheipol

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with the nexus 5.
My temporal solution is to go to mobile data and switch between 3g and 4g, I guess that is reseting the antena and it makes it work but is annoying

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
My G4 failed to connect to mobile data yesterday for no apparent reason....tried rebooting, toggling everything I could toggle, cleaning/reseating SIM....all no go. In the end I tried changing the network preference setting and that did it. I don't pretend to understand what all that was about.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

jesjimher

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
It's been happenning to me too for a few months: whenever I get out of a wifi network, mobile data doesn't work until I turn plane mode on and off. I did a factory reset a few days ago, and problem persists, so it seems a bug introduced in some official update.

EnragedNinja

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I've found that, once you enter mobile network settings, and apn settings your mobile data connection will come back without restarting your phone. I have also same issue that start occuring after 5.1 update.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 4

This, a million times this TYVMx1million

One step to add (at least for me - VZW LG G2 custom ROM) in the Access Point Names (APN) hit the menu, reset to default, wait <10 secs then send karma points into the universe for czito (and whoever figged this out)

Thanks again

EDIT: This is a bug in 5.1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC