I had put my Nexus 4 on charge and after 10 minutes when i came back to check the status of battery level, i turned on the screen normally,(disconnected it from the charger),and i went on to UC to check my updates on a website. When i pressed the home button,it came back to its home and i think it froze. Now, i tried pressing the power button over a minute but it remained on the home screen and the phone didn't shut down . But the most amazing part is - when i repeatedly pressed the power button, the screen light goes off yet when i press the button again,it reaches me to the frozen home screen without any change . Need help ...
    08-30-2015 10:10 AM
    I had put my Nexus 4 on charge and after 10 minutes when i came back to check the status of battery level, i turned on the screen normally,(disconnected it from the charger),and i went on to UC to check my updates on a website. When i pressed the home button,it came back to its home and i think it froze. Now, i tried pressing the power button over a minute but it remained on the home screen and the phone didn't shut down . But the most amazing part is - when i repeatedly pressed the power button, the screen light goes off yet when i press the button again,it reaches me to the frozen home screen without any change . Need help ...
    Welcome to Android Central!

So it seems you don't have access to the device at all? If this is the case, try a factory reset through recovery and see if that helps. Follow the steps provided by Google and click on Nexus 4 to see instructions for recovery: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/4596836?hl=en
    08-30-2015 10:40 AM