Ladies & Gents,

I am in urgent need for help with my nexus 4. I was applying the October 2015 OTA update to my nexus 4 today on a plane. The update itself took a few mins, but as usual the "optimizing apps" was taking forever, so I connected my phone to the charger and put it in the chair pocket in front of me on the plane. Apparently, that was a bad idea. The screen stays on for the optimization and it was connected to power, and it got too hot in that pocket and it shut down during the optimization process (this is a guess).

Now, when I try to turn it on, I only get to the initial PIN request screen (my phone is encrypted - stupid company security certificate), a few seconds after the phone turns on, then the phone says "shutting down" and it does. I have tried several times and I keep getting the same result. What I need now is a way to access the data on it. I do not want to perform a wipe/hard reset. I want a way to either fix the update that went wrong, or just access the data (pretty hard with the encryption) and do a hard reset.

The phone is:
    16GB international Nexus 4
    Encrypted
    Unrooted
    Stock android 5.1.1 with the most recent update (with the exception of this month's which went wrong during installation)

Any help would be highly appreciated.
    10-09-2015 12:26 PM