Periodically won't turn on

vlee

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
2.5 yr old Nexus 4, running 5.1.1

I'm encountering this problem more often. I can't remember when it started, because at first it was infrequent enough not to be a pattern. Phone will be acting find, and I set it aside where it shuts itself off. When I go to use it again, it doesn't respond until I push the volume/power combo to restart it. I've also had several times where it just reboots itself while I'm using it (or at least while the screen is on). Each time it boots back up, but it's a pain when it happens, because I don't even know it has happened until I try to use it. (And I drive through a dicey neighborhood, so don't want to be stuck with a phone I have to stop to reboot if I need it! It's irritating enough when I go to use my Starbucks app to pay and it's "dead".).

Any insights? I can't pinpoint having installed anything new; are there any particular sorts of apps that might exacerbate this that I should look at?

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Is it really shut off? In my case, the screen won't turn on, but I know the phone is powered on because the notification light flashes. I then have to hold down the power button until it shuts off and then do the same thing to reboot it. I'm wondering if yours has the same problem. If so, I don't know what to suggest because mine has had this problem for more than a year.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800