Who is getting the Nexus 5?

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Is anybody here on an annual Nexus upgrade cycle? What is the resale value of Nexus phones? How much can you expect to recoup after using it for a year? I am thinking of getting on the train starting this year.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been kinda tempted with selling my N4 and getting a Note 3, but I don't think I can go back to a Samsung phone... at least until they clean up touchwiz and use better hardware (I don't consider flimsy, fake leather a huge step foward).
I will be very interested in the N5 when it is eventually announced.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
If not at release (because I ended up getting something else) , I will eventually get a N5.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Is anybody here on an annual Nexus upgrade cycle? What is the resale value of Nexus phones? How much can you expect to recoup after using it for a year? I am thinking of getting on the train starting this year.

I likely will be jumping on the train myself if it comes passing through. I happened to be checking eBay right before the 8 GB model went on sale for $199 and the few I watched sold from $220 to $240. I am sure prices nose-dived while the 8 GB model was selling for $199, and I doubt they recovered to $220 to $240 after the $199 model sold out. If a new Nexus device is released in Q4, then a lot of people are going to be dumping their N4's and I would expect to get around $160 for my Nexus 4 8 GB model. It will be a great deal for anybody, but at that price I think I'll just end up keeping the N4 as a second phone for the family. I happen to think, even though nothing official has been announced, that there are a lot of "coincidences" that strongly suggest a new Nexus will be released before the end of the year, not least of which is the leaked video yesterday of the mysterious Nexus device briefly spotted at the android KitKat event. In my opinion there is no way that was any sort of accidental leak.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Did I miss the announcement?

Posted via Android Central App

Here's what we know:

Here's what we suspect:
It's a phone
It runs Kit Kat
It will be released in 2013
It'll be called "Nexus" followed by a number, probably 4 or 5

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Not really keen on 5" phones. I think the size of the S4 is max for me. Will have to check a few reviews first.

bulletmark

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Not really keen on 5" phones. I think the size of the S4 is max for me.

The S4 is a 5" phone. So you are not keen on it?

It is not the size of the screen that matters. It is the physical size of the phone. Most of the very recent phones have larger screens then their predecessors but are physically smaller. I'd expect the N5 with a 5" screen (hopefully) to be barely any bigger than the N4.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Getting one as an "Insurance policy" for my White N4. So will wait for a special edition. But my N4 is a beast of a phone. But a $350-$400 16-32 gig LTE (no CDMA) Nexus 5 would be awesome. Especially with AT&T's upcoming prepaid LTE plans. Sold!

Posted via Android Central App and my Nexus 4 or 7

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
The S4 is a 5" phone. So you are not keen on it?

It is not the size of the screen that matters. It is the physical size of the phone. Most of the very recent phones have larger screens then their predecessors but are physically smaller. I'd expect the N5 with a 5" screen (hopefully) to be barely any bigger than the N4.

I know I didn't make that clear lol but I mentioned the S4 because of the overall size of the phone. I don't mind 5" screen as long as the phone is not too big. The N4 size with a 5" screen would be cool but would probably be an edge to edge screen.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I likely will be jumping on the train myself if it comes passing through. I happened to be checking eBay right before the 8 GB model went on sale for $199 and the few I watched sold from $220 to $240. I am sure prices nose-dived while the 8 GB model was selling for $199, and I doubt they recovered to $220 to $240 after the $199 model sold out. If a new Nexus device is released in Q4, then a lot of people are going to be dumping their N4's and I would expect to get around $160 for my Nexus 4 8 GB model. It will be a great deal for anybody, but at that price I think I'll just end up keeping the N4 as a second phone for the family. I happen to think, even though nothing official has been announced, that there are a lot of "coincidences" that strongly suggest a new Nexus will be released before the end of the year, not least of which is the leaked video yesterday of the mysterious Nexus device briefly spotted at the android KitKat event. In my opinion there is no way that was any sort of accidental leak.

I would expect prices to go back up after there are no more to buy from Google. Its an awesome phone

Posted via Android Central App and my Nexus 4 or 7

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I will be getting one, unless the price is much higher than the Nexus 4 was. My wife has a Nexus and I have a Nexus 4. I plan to get the Nexus 5, give my Nexus 4 to my wife, and sell her Nexus. Or I might keep it for a backup or something for the kids to play on. My plan is to do something like this every year.

bulletmark

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I heard this morning that they sold out the Nexus 4 and won't be restocking them.

Note, as someone above says, that is only the 8GB model.

Not that this must only be true in some countries, e.g. the US, because both 8GB and 16GB are still for sale and "in stock" when I check the Australian Google Play store (at the time of this post).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet