10-26-2013 03:09 PM
131 12345 ...
tools
    09-09-2013 12:41 PM
    Just got the N4 so will wait a while. Probably not too long though.
    09-09-2013 04:09 PM
    I know for many of you there is no comparison, one is a Doe and one is a raging bull...but I'm leaning more towards the raging bull of the Note 3.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    09-09-2013 05:57 PM
    I will be keeping my N4. I love the screen size, don't want to be carrying around a smartphone that looks like a fax machine.
    I would absolutely LOVE to see a picture of someone carrying around a phone that looks like a fax machine. Maybe an image of the fax machine that it most resembles next to it for comparison purposes.
    Aquila and petaf like this.
    09-09-2013 06:24 PM
    dakid2k6 and petaf like this.
    09-09-2013 07:23 PM
    That's a great pic. That's what I felt on my note 2. Love the phone but loving the n4 more right now.
    09-09-2013 08:56 PM
    I was planning on getting a Note 3, but I got an N7 so I'll stay around 5" max.

Who is getting the Nexus 5?-making-phone-call-samsung-galaxy-note-8.jpg
    09-09-2013 09:11 PM
    Never seen a fax machine that looks like that.......
    09-10-2013 02:22 PM
    I love my Nexus 7 but I have a cheap LG phone and the Nexus 5 could be my next phone based on the features and price. I love having the newest Android update which my phone provider doesn't care since they want to sell me a new phone. Since the Nexus 5 will gets Android software updates that has me very interested in it.

Just got off the Apple announcement laughing. The new iPhone 5C is the same as the i5 only with more colors for the case. Off contract $549 unlocked. The i5 is dead replaced by i5C. Evidently the C stands for case color and a cheaper case. New i5C case is a unibody plastic design round the back and sides. Same size screen but larger case than discontinued i5 that had a metal case.

The new iPhone 5S is the same size as i5. Off contract $649 unlocked (16GB). Only new features are faster A7 64 bit CPU, better camera pictures same Mpix and flash that corrects color for room lights. Plus a finger print reader for security that callers freaked out by calling into cNet show scared thieves will cut off their finger if they have their i5S stolen.

Callers were really upset no NFC and other Android features. There are going to be a lot of people leaving Apple for Android that have been saying Why can't my phone do that?.
    09-10-2013 03:16 PM
    Is there going to be a Google Nexus 5? I hope Google continues with the Nexus line. Depends if they keep iQ charging and what is added.
    09-10-2013 03:31 PM
    I love my Nexus 7 but I have a cheap LG phone and the Nexus 5 could be my next phone based on the features and price. I love having the newest Android update which my phone provider doesn't care since they want to sell me a new phone. Since the Nexus 5 will gets Android software updates that has me very interested in it.

Just got off the Apple announcement laughing. The new iPhone 5C is the same as the i5 only with more colors for the case. Off contract $549 unlocked. The i5 is dead replaced by i5C. Evidently the C stands for case color and a cheaper case. New i5C case is a unibody plastic design round the back and sides. Same size screen but larger case than discontinued i5 that had a metal case.

The new iPhone 5S is the same size as i5. Off contract $649 unlocked (16GB). Only new features are faster A7 64 bit CPU, better camera pictures same Mpix and flash that corrects color for room lights. Plus a finger print reader for security that callers freaked out by calling into cNet show scared thieves will cut off their finger if they have their i5S stolen.

Callers were really upset no NFC and other Android features. There are going to be a lot of people leaving Apple for Android that have been saying Why can't my phone do that?.
    You can laugh at Apple all you want. The fact of the reality is that they'll sell gazillions upon gazillions of 5C and 5S phones. They're in this to makes the money and trust me...they're gonna do quite well with this. Wait until the 64-bitness and fingerprint dohickey spreads to the Retina iPad Mini. It's gonna be sic for the Apple devotees and Apple's pockets. Personally, I'll be glad when Sammy does their copy-off-Apple-stuff with the fingerprint thinngy. I know my Android device count says I should be an Android fanboy but you have to give Apple their due. ...but I have no plans to EVER go back.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z Tablet "The Sleeper Dohickey
    09-10-2013 04:08 PM
    Is there going to be a Google Nexus 5? I hope Google continues with the Nexus line. Depends if they keep iQ charging and what is added.
    There is going to be a nexus 5 around November and I believe it will be preloaded with 4.4 Kitkat.

I apologise if I am wrong.
    09-10-2013 04:15 PM
    Count me in

Posted via Android Central App
    09-10-2013 05:20 PM
    I will absolutely have this device on day one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    09-10-2013 11:36 PM
    I was one of the first people to order a Nexus 4. Mine arrived on Novemember 16th, 2012. I rooted it 5 mins after I took it out of the box and modified it to meet my needs. I've always ran the stock OS from Google, but only ever updated using factory restore images (waiting for OTA updates is something I'm unwilling to do). I truly love my Nexus 4, it is the best Smartphone I've ever owned and I go through a lot of phones each year. But I will be switching to the next LG made Nexus as soon as it becomes available and I am giving my Nexus 4 to my best friend, who is still stuck using a Verizon Wireless Galaxy pretend Nexus right now. I've already started saving my money and practicing my "F5" mashing skills.
    09-11-2013 09:36 AM
    You can laugh at Apple all you want. The fact of the reality is that they'll sell gazillions upon gazillions of 5C and 5S phones. They're in this to makes the money and trust me...they're gonna do quite well with this. Wait until the 64-bitness and fingerprint dohickey spreads to the Retina iPad Mini. It's gonna be sic for the Apple devotees and Apple's pockets. Personally, I'll be glad when Sammy does their copy-off-Apple-stuff with the fingerprint thinngy. I know my Android device count says I should be an Android fanboy but you have to give Apple their due. ...but I have no plans to EVER go back.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z Tablet "The Sleeper Dohickey
    Please tell me what the new A7 64-bit CPU is going to do for people that buy's the i5s phone? Are there any 64 bit Apps? Why would anyone write a 64 bit App that all the 32 bit iPhones/iPads won't run? Unless the RAM in the phone exceeds the 32 bit addressing limit of 4GB of Ram there is nothing 64 bits does for anyone with a phone. Yes, the 64 bit A7 is backwards compatible running 32 bit App but no 32 bit device can run a 64 bit App. Microsoft does have a slight lead in bringing 64 bit Tablet computing in the Surfaces and in 2014 Android 64 bit will come when ARM releases its Cortex-A57 and Cortex-A53 processors. 64 bits CPU for a phone is a useless specification but for a tablet if could be useful.

Looks like Apple is the copy cat since the Motorola ATRIX 4G featured a biometric fingerprint smart sensor all the way back in 2011 and it wasn't a major selling point. It is going to be fun when people have to take their glove off or have a band-aid on their finger that unlocks the phone. People fear having their finger print stored even with the Apple statement they don't store the finger print at least for now. That is what killed Motorola ATRIX 4G fingerprint security.
    09-11-2013 03:23 PM
    Is anybody here on an annual Nexus upgrade cycle? What is the resale value of Nexus phones? How much can you expect to recoup after using it for a year? I am thinking of getting on the train starting this year.
    I've seen used Nexus 4 phones on sale for around $245, and I've heard you can get more money if you try to sell it overseas on eBay (but I've personally never done that).

I don't need to buy the next Nexus, but I will buy one just to support the program. I like stock Android with no carrier branding and no bloatware. I like unlocked phones that get updated quickly. I like flagship specs at aggressive prices. These are the reasons why I support the Nexus.
    09-11-2013 06:09 PM
    I'm HOPING this is true for the Nexus 5. But I thought the Galaxy Nexus was priced like any other flagship.......but maybe i'm remembering wrong.
    I might be remembering wrong, but I think the developer edition of the Galaxy Nexus was $300 around the time the Nexus 4 came out. Seems to me like it started around $400.
    09-11-2013 10:16 PM
    Please tell me what the new A7 64-bit CPU is going to do for people that buy's the i5s phone? Are there any 64 bit Apps? .
    The A7 is said to give the Reality Distortion Field app a 57x performance boost over the orignal iPhone. This will make Apple very happy.

Sent from the Xperia Tablet Z
    09-11-2013 10:29 PM
    The A7 is said to give the Reality Distortion Field app a 57x performance boost over the orignal iPhone. This will make Apple very happy.

Sent from the Xperia Tablet Z
    LOL thanks I have never heard the term RDF before and thought it was some Sci-Fi game.

Reality distortion field (RDF) is a term coined by Bud Tribble at Apple Computer in 1981, to describe company co-founder Steve Jobs' charisma and its effects on the developers working on the Macintosh project.[1] Tribble said that the term came from Star Trek.[1] Later the term has also been used to refer to perceptions of his keynote speeches (or "Stevenotes") by observers and devoted users of Apple computers and products.[2]

The RDF was said by Andy Hertzfeld to be Steve Jobs' ability to convince himself and others to believe almost anything with a mix of charm, charisma, bravado, hyperbole, marketing, appeasement and persistence. RDF was said to distort an audience's sense of proportion and scales of difficulties and made them believe that the task at hand was possible.
    09-12-2013 10:01 AM
    LOL thanks I have never heard the term RDF before and thought it was some Sci-Fi game.

Reality distortion field (RDF) is a term coined by Bud Tribble at Apple Computer in 1981, to describe company co-founder Steve Jobs' charisma and its effects on the developers working on the Macintosh project.[1] Tribble said that the term came from Star Trek.[1] Later the term has also been used to refer to perceptions of his keynote speeches (or "Stevenotes") by observers and devoted users of Apple computers and products.[2]

The RDF was said by Andy Hertzfeld to be Steve Jobs' ability to convince himself and others to believe almost anything with a mix of charm, charisma, bravado, hyperbole, marketing, appeasement and persistence. RDF was said to distort an audience's sense of proportion and scales of difficulties and made them believe that the task at hand was possible.
    Yeah the RDF is always at work on the Apple faithful. Its effects are strong...it took the awesomeness of the Samsung Galaxy S3 to break its hold on me. ...and when it did it felt like I'd woken up from the Matrix. I was able to see the iPhone, iOS, and the iPad for what they are. Even now occassionally it pulls on me and I look back Apple's direction but the Samsung is strong with me. I will not be pulled back to the dark side of the Force.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE
    Aquila and Shilohcane like this.
    09-12-2013 10:26 AM
    Only if there's a significant improvement and at the right price. Chances are, I'll just be waiting for the N6 or seeing what Moto or anyone else is up to by that time.

09-13-2013 04:57 PM
    I'll have to wait until the announcement for the details, but if it's anything like the N4, it'll be near the top of my list.
    09-14-2013 12:59 AM
    Happy with my Nexus 4 and am not getting a new phone anytime soon. So far loving the stock android experience so far

09-14-2013 06:48 AM
    I'll probably get it cause I've never experienced a nexus device. I remember wanting the Galaxy Nexus but it was just on Verizon and I'm Att. Got hypnotized be Samsung and just now coming to.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    09-14-2013 08:36 AM
131 12345 ...