Who is getting the Nexus 5?

mhaider

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Which postpaid plan are you looking at? Just asking because they do have the $60 prepaid plan with 2GB of data that includes LTE.

I'm considering prepaid too, just haven't looked into enough yet. What are the key differences compared to postpaid?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 4

ACADM

May 16, 2013
Visit site
This same thing happened to me with my N4. I was able to get what I needed off the phone over USB.

I play with my food

Yeah I tried that, but as I have screen lock enabled I still can't access the Nexus drive when plugged into the USB without being able to dismiss it.

xRodo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I had the Moto X on AT&T and had received the camera update. The update helped but the camera is still sub-par. Of the flagship devices, it is probably the worst camera in my opinion and definitely the weakest part of the phone. The rest of it is great. However, if camera is a big thing to you, I would wait and check out the next set of snapdragon 800 processor ran phones coming out.

Besides the iPhone 5S, the Moto X is the weakest flagship device out. Admittedly, I have not tried the new Droid phones, so I have to leave them out of this. But the whole reason I am buying a Nexus 5 is because I don't consider my Moto X an upgrade from my Nexus 4. I bought it after all of the positive reviews, gave it a shot, and I am incredibly disappointed. Feels cheap, looks cheap with the 720p S-AMOLED and plastic, the camera is bad even after the update, and it feels awkward in my hand. I've played extensively with the GS4 (I bought one for my girlfriend), and it is hands down much better and currently a bit cheaper. I will be kicking the Moto X to the curb the second my Nexus 5 arrives.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering prepaid too, just haven't looked into enough yet. What are the key differences compared to postpaid?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 4

The biggest major difference is the price. A typical post-paid ATT plan for 450 minutes, unlimited text and 3gb data will cost $89.99. Once you add monthly taxes and fees this will really be around $101 per month for post-paid.

If you do ATT's GoPhone prepaid, unlimited talk/text and 2gb data costs $60.00 (no taxes and fees if you recharge at the store or purchase a refill card). You can add another 1gb data for an additional $10.

I recently switched to GoPhone and I see no difference in call quality or data speeds and saving $40 per month versus post-paid.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'll be getting it. I get the new Nexus phone every year. I'm a little more excited about this one than the previous year. It's nice to finallly have a non-verizon exclusive LTE Nexus phone with more storage (hopefully).

SeanJamesWright

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm torn between the G2 and the N5. I love stock android but I'm gonna wait it out and see what the reviews and battery performance is like before I decide.

Sent from my Nexus 4 via Android Central App

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to get the nexus 5 as i'm tired of updates being dictated by the carriers and to a degree phone manufacturers.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm torn between the G2 and the N5. I love stock android but I'm gonna wait it out and see what the reviews and battery performance is like before I decide.

Sent from my Nexus 4 via Android Central App

The G2 is heavily based on LGs UI, skins, and features. N5 sounds like the phone. I like the G2 but I've seen enough YouTube videos on it now and already can't stand the UI so I think it's going to be a pass on this one. The g2 battery on the other hand is excellent though.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I think I also will be taking the nexus 5 plunge. I currently have the HTC One and I love it. With the n5 having a 5inch screen and matching the ppi of the one, that's my selling point. I think a 5 inch screen is perfect and top size screen for a phone. Pair the screen size and clarity with the fastest os updates and it's my perfect device. I will miss beats and the front speakers, but those aren't deal breakers for me.

Posted via Android Central App with the HTC One

kaiser10123

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
I really hope nexus 5 has touch less stuff like moto x has or may just wait on moto x on republic wireless

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Does Google lose money selling the nexus 5 with awesome specs like that for only $350?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app