Anyone going to get the Nexus 5?

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone finna get the Nexus 5

Urban Dictionary: finna

My customers say "finna" all the time. I think it's funny

48 here, and have been hearing "finna" since grade school. Often, the more mushmouthed kids would shorten that to "fin" or even "fi" (example "I-fi-gota school")
The lazier of my classmates would fail back to "Ima" as it flows better than the two syllable versions of "I'm finna"
I'ma, uh...I'ma drop it now.

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site

48 here, and have been hearing "finna" since grade school. Often, the more mushmouthed kids would shorten that to "fin" or even "fi" (example "I-fi-gota school")
The lazier of my classmates would fail back to "Ima" as it flows better than the two syllable versions of "I'm finna"
I'ma, uh...I'ma drop it now.

I dinno howdey commk8 @awl

Sent from my Hyperdriven Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4

akuki

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

I'm in.
C'mon, is there a better value in an unlocked Android phone coming this year?

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Two key reasons I like Androids - SD card support and easy to change batteries. Looks like Samsung and Sony, and phones designed for the Asian market are going to be the last ones to support SD cards. I know others don't care about these features, but they are important to me. Moving to a S4 today.

I will support companies that continue to build phones with features i prefer.

While I agree with you (I'm an S3 user), with a 32gb phone and drive and dropbox cloud storage, I can see myself getting the N5, only if it comes with 32gb or higher. Anything less and I'm out.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

I was, now I am leaning toward no. Rumors are putting it at 16GB and 8mp camera.

Was hoping for a 13+ mp camera, and 16GB is just not doable.

Before people spout that cloud BS, cloud storage costs you money per KB unless you have scammed your way to having a grandfathered VZW or AT&T plan. I do not. Sprint's unlimited is so bad, it can't even be considered a carrier these days. That leaves T Mobile, but if you live outside of the city, you get EDGE coverage, and can't use the cloud anyways.

The camera could have gotten away with an 8MP camera, that had some great software, but 16GB is just not enough for a multimedia device, when video games are 1-2GB these days.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

While I'm hesitant to say I am before an official announcement, if the leaked specs are accurate (basically a stock G2 in a N7 esque shell), and they follow a similar pricing model from last year, then I will. I really hope they do 16 and 32 GB options and don't waste time with an 8 GB though. I'm dreaming of a 32 GB Nexus 5 for $350.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I was, now I am leaning toward no. Rumors are putting it at 16GB and 8mp camera.

Was hoping for a 13+ mp camera, and 16GB is just not doable.

Before people spout that cloud BS, cloud storage costs you money per KB unless you have scammed your way to having a grandfathered VZW or AT&T plan. I do not. Sprint's unlimited is so bad, it can't even be considered a carrier these days. That leaves T Mobile, but if you live outside of the city, you get EDGE coverage, and can't use the cloud anyways.

The camera could have gotten away with an 8MP camera, that had some great software, but 16GB is just not enough for a multimedia device, when video games are 1-2GB these days.

I wouldn't judge the camera by the MP count. The iPhone 5 had one of the top 5 cameras on a phone last year, and the 5s is likely to be a top 5 camera this year, and they are both 8 MP. I agree that 16GB could be a deal breaker, but judge the camera on how its photos look, not its megapixel count.

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Anyone think it will have sprints tri band and if so will it be unlocked fully for AT&T tmobile and sprint ? :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12