Nexus 5 Battery Discussion...

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Looka like it's confirmed to have a 2300 mAh battery, 4.96 in 1080p screen and Snapdragon 800

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
So cut the battery to 2/3 and you get 1.5-2 hours screen time. I'm so tired of this on my GNex. Looks like if I want to replace my GN, it's gonna be compromise city on any of the phones out right now.
Yeah, the Moto X is probably the best balanced phone right now. Or a Google Edition S4/HTC One

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So cut the battery to 2/3 and you get 1.5-2 hours screen time. I'm so tired of this on my GNex. Looks like if I want to replace my GN, it's gonna be compromise city on any of the phones out right now.

Except the G2 is running Android 4.2 with an LG skin and framework. The Nexus 5 will have Android 4.4 with no bloat. This makes it impossible to compare them based simply on specs. The LG software is likely a battery hog (with things like knock on requiring the digitizer to always be on for example) and each version of Android usually improves power management. Judge it once we get battery life numbers.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Except the G2 is running Android 4.2 with an LG skin and framework. The Nexus 5 will have Android 4.4 with no bloat. This makes it impossible to compare them based simply on specs. The LG software is likely a battery hog (with things like knock on requiring the digitizer to always be on for example) and each version of Android usually improves power management. Judge it once we get battery life numbers.

There's a thread here with "confirmed" specs from the Nexus website, supposed to be 2300 mAh

thegeneral101

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Two different battery packs for the Nexus 5? This would be nice if proven true but it still doesn't address the fact it will be a sealed battery.
Two Different Battery Packs Possibly Heading for the Nexus 5 Leak Out | Androidheadlines.com

I've been searching the internet far and wide, but I can't seem to figure out if the battery will be replaceable even though its "sealed". I mean what's stopping someone from swapping them by pulling that ribbon out. I have the galaxy nexus now, and the removable battery was one of my favorite features. Although, I do have the 32gb Nexus 5 shipping today. Since the back cover comes out, it seems like there will be a solution to swapping batteries. What am I missing?

Papaguan

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
If you're savvy enough to take apart your phone, you can certainly replace the battery. Whether or not you can buy a bigger battery that fits the chassis of the device and uses the same connectors to interface with the device is another matter, however.

thegeneral101

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not even concerned with putting a bigger battery in...more about having an extra two or three in my backpack when traveling. Having extra batteries with my Gnex has saved me multiple times.

I was just curious if anyone has tried to swap the battery to a fresh one yet.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not even concerned with putting a bigger battery in...more about having an extra two or three in my backpack when traveling. Having extra batteries with my Gnex has saved me multiple times.

I was just curious if anyone has tried to swap the battery to a fresh one yet.

I don't think its worth the effort, why not just carry some battery powerpack? Seems a better solution than attempting to open the case and swap it in the middle of nowhere (assume that's the environment you most likely need extra power).