Nexus 5 listing appears in the Play Store, teases 16GB for $349

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    10-17-2013 10:49 PM
    Those of us who bought the GNex on VZW on launch day are now near the end of our 2 year contracts and many people are commenting on almost every tech blog/forum, even VZW's own community forums, that they are willing to leave VZW in order to get this phone. Even grandfathered unlimited data isn't enough to keep them from missing out on this awesome device. How dumb is VZW to lose a large portion of its Android enthusiast customers because of their own greed and incessant need to control their customer's cell phone experience and not let them have a real Nexus device that gets EVERY update from Google and hasn't been crippled/desecrated by their bloatware and disgusting carrier branding?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    ented and JonK like this.
    10-17-2013 11:14 PM
    Those of us who bought the GNex on VZW on launch day are now near the end of our 2 year contracts and many people are commenting on almost every tech blog/forum, even VZW's own community forums, that they are willing to leave VZW in order to get this phone. Even grandfathered unlimited data isn't enough to keep them from missing out on this awesome device. How dumb is VZW to lose a large portion of its Android enthusiast customers because of their own greed and incessant need to control their customer's cell phone experience and not let them have a real Nexus device that gets EVERY update from Google and hasn't been crippled/desecrated by their bloatware and disgusting carrier branding?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    I was one of those (went moto X myself), so I definitely get the sentiment, but from their perspective I think they're looking at a tiny base of consumers who are 1 nerd enough to know what a nexus is 2 nerd enough to want it (much higher level of nerd, different thread than the tech enthusiast who may like touchwiz, etc) 3 are willing to drop the network (real or hyped is situational) for a device and 4 are doing the math to see the financial benefits. A lot of people are ringing 1-2 of those bells, but it takes all 4 to be a mover and that's a pretty low percentage of the market.
    10-17-2013 11:47 PM
    I was one of those (went moto X myself), so I definitely get the sentiment, but from their perspective I think they're looking at a tiny base of consumers who are 1 nerd enough to know what a nexus is 2 nerd enough to want it (much higher level of nerd, different thread than the tech enthusiast who may like touchwiz, etc) 3 are willing to drop the network (real or hyped is situational) for a device and 4 are doing the math to see the financial benefits. A lot of people are ringing 1-2 of those bells, but it takes all 4 to be a mover and that's a pretty low percentage of the market.
    Very true. You see "a lot" of people talking about switching just to get the phone, which I don't doubt they will, but in reality, the people who post on these tech sites saying they are leaving Verizon for this phone are the majority actually doing it. And that isn't really a lot to Verizon. But for those who are switching, good for them. Way to stick it to the man! I'm very much debating on a day one buy for me with an att Sim all ready to go! I can't wait!

Posted via Android Central App
    Aquila likes this.
    10-18-2013 12:04 AM