Nexus 5 + Prepaid Cost Savings over 24 Months

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
tiny nit to pick: att requires buying their 4g lte sim. so that make 2 years a cool $1,800... :D

plus, i cannot keep my existing att number that i've had for +/- 20 years... yes, i'm old... :p

Port from AT&T postpaid to Google Voice then from Google Voice to AT&T GoPhone?

Posted via Android Central App

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
why couldn't you port your number?
dunno, att online number checker said no... possibly its for non-att numbers... might of missed that... can't see why gophone is different than att proper... find out when the nexus 5 is here...

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
it does allow lte, i have an att lg optimus g pro unlocked on the walmart plan and get lte all over my area with it.

will probly be getting the n5 for my wife to use on prepaid as well to cut down our cell bill.

Is T-Mobile still offering the $30 plan? I couldn't find it on their site only the $50-$70 plans.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

edgar

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site

edgar

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Cool thanks :)

Also meant to ask can you port a number with this plan?

My gf cancelled her t-mobile contract flip phone with her family's plan to get pre-paid with Nexus 4, while activating there was an option to enter an eligible number.
It worked. Technically not a "port" but if cancelling the number it should open up eligibility. I've read of people porting number to google voice...I don't know how that would work

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
My gf cancelled her t-mobile contract flip phone with her family's plan to get pre-paid with Nexus 4, while activating there was an option to enter an eligible number.
It worked. Technically not a "port" but if cancelling the number it should open up eligibility. I've read of people porting number to google voice...I don't know how that would work

Ok was going to ask about google voice LOL.

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Quick question about the $30 T-Mobile plan: what happens if you use more than the 100 minutes each month? Could I just buy more minutes, or would I have to start a new month to get more?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Quick question about the $30 T-Mobile plan: what happens if you use more than the 100 minutes each month? Could I just buy more minutes, or would I have to start a new month to get more?

Don't believe you can buy more minutes you would be SOL till you get another refill unless you have Google Voice set up which would be ideal since hangouts will be getting voice call functionality. I have an iPhone 5S and tested with the hangout app earlier and it works great. Also it uses data instead of your minutes.

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

After the 100 minutes it just deducts 10 cents per minute from the remaining funds in your account until your plan refreshes.

Posted via Android Central App

akuki

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
it does allow lte, i have an att lg optimus g pro unlocked on the walmart plan and get lte all over my area with it.

will probly be getting the n5 for my wife to use on prepaid as well to cut down our cell bill.

Thanks for verifying LTE works on the $30/5GB/100min prepaid! Surprising T-Mo website didn't have the info.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
the website says it will charge you $10 per 100 additional minutes. Just have the money in your account, and it will deduct 10, and give you 100 more.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
the website says it will charge you $10 per 100 additional minutes. Just have the money in your account, and it will deduct 10, and give you 100 more.

Is there a way to set up auto refill on this?

mxmarcus

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to set up auto refill on this?

Yes but it costs you more. Just make sure you have over $10 credit on your account all the time.
I am on this plan for the past year & use Google voice with Talkatone to make my voice calls & never go over my 100 minutes. I also buy my refills cheap online at eBay or Amazon because t-mobile charges you tax

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes but it costs you more. Just make sure you have over $10 credit on your account all the time.
I am on this plan for the past year & use Google voice with Talkatone to make my voice calls & never go over my 100 minutes. I also buy my refills cheap online at eBay or Amazon because t-mobile charges you tax

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Cool thanks!

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
That's ridiculously expensive. I can get an Unlimited Data Sim only deal for ?12.90pm, or $21. As the Nexus 5 here will be ?280, 280+12.9*24=?590, or $950 over 2 years. And the Xperia Z1 is ?34pm +?49 for unlimited data again, ?865 or $1400 over 2 years... Americans really get steamrollered when it comes to mobile contracts...

Damned right. Cell service is much less expensive east of the Atlantic Ocean. We "westerners" get royally screwed on cell service, prescription drugs, and healthcare in general.

Wiggy0211

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
This porting stuff confuses me. I have a VZ line that is paid for by the firm I work for that I'd like to stick my wife on (she'd be leaving her parents tmob fam plan) while I switch to Tmob prepaid with the N5. Is there a way for her to keep her same # but move it to verizon and for me to keep mine over to prepaid? Please Help!?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21