So I can't decide between the new 32GB Nexus 5 or a 32GB Oppo Find 5... I have about 25GB's of music and I wanna start using my phone for music. So I wanna be able to fit all of that. They will both cost about the same. So, which phone do you guys think I should get? Or should I get something totally new? PS I'd probably root that Find 5 for pure Android.
    10-20-2013 12:55 PM
    You are not going to have much room left over. I wouldn't want to put that much music on my phone because it'd be a hassle re-loading if I ever re-flashed my device. I'd look for a phone with a SD card slot. If the Find 5 has a removable SD card slot, then that would be my choice if I was choosing between these two choices and I had to have 25GB of music stored on my device.
    10-20-2013 03:48 PM
    You are not going to have much room left over. I wouldn't want to put that much music on my phone because it'd be a hassle re-loading if I ever re-flashed my device. I'd look for a phone with a SD card slot. If the Find 5 has a removable SD card slot, then that would be my choice if I was choosing between these two choices and I had to have 25GB of music stored on my device.
    The Find 5 does not have an SD card slot... is there another phone relatively close to these spec wise that still costs around $450?
    10-20-2013 06:23 PM
    I wouldn't know, but an off the cuff answer is you wouldn't get anything close to a Nexus 5 at the projected price point. I don't know anything about the Find 5, but I do know that I love my Nexus 4, and I'm wiling to bet the Nexus 5 will be another awesome phone. Despite my earlier misgivings a Nexus 5 would be your best bet imo. What I said earlier is just personal preference. I don't like keeping gigs and gigs of music on my phone because I often tinker and re-flash and I just don't like to re-load my music. I suppose I never tried with a usb cable and now that I think about it, that would be a heck of a lot easier and faster. Still, I just don't like to max out my storage because I have this unshakable, unnatural, and unproven belief that maxing out the storage of any computing device slows it down or wears it out faster.
    10-20-2013 06:41 PM
    I wouldn't know, but an off the cuff answer is you wouldn't get anything close to a Nexus 5 at the projected price point. I don't know anything about the Find 5, but I do know that I love my Nexus 4, and I'm wiling to bet the Nexus 5 will be another awesome phone. Despite my earlier misgivings a Nexus 5 would be your best bet imo. What I said earlier is just personal preference. I don't like keeping gigs and gigs of music on my phone because I often tinker and re-flash and I just don't like to re-load my music. I suppose I never tried with a usb cable and now that I think about it, that would be a heck of a lot easier and faster. Still, I just don't like to max out my storage because I have this unshakable, unnatural, and unproven belief that maxing out the storage of any computing device slows it down or wears it out faster.
    Put it in the cloud ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    jdbii likes this.
    10-20-2013 06:43 PM
    Put it in the cloud ??
    Exactly!
    10-20-2013 06:46 PM
    I think Nexus 5 hands down. You get LTE and quicker updates. Those two alone are worth it. You also get a better processor.
    10-20-2013 07:02 PM
    Yeah definitely the N5, much better spec, faster/actually existent updates. Google music is your friend!

Posted via Android Central App
    10-20-2013 08:11 PM