Google play event

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Maybe this might be off topic, but was anyone else invited to this so called event besides Russel Hollly at geek.com? When I google it the articles all cite geek.com as the company who posted info about it. Im tempted to say he made it up lol and the other half of me says well if other companies were invited ,why is no one else talking about it? Can anyone else confirm that this event either took place or that another company was invited?

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Maybe this might be off topic, but was anyone else invited to this so called event besides Russel Hollly at geek.com? When I google it the articles all cite geek.com as the company who posted info about it. Im tempted to say he made it up lol and the other half of me says well if other companies were invited ,why is no one else talking about it? Can anyone else confirm that this event either took place or that another company was invited?

This is just my conspiracy theory, but I think the event was not supposed to be public knowledge, i think some people got the phones last night and maybe an explanation of 4.4 and are now under NDA. Russel said himself he wasnt supposed to make it public.
Of course they may have just wanted to throw a party with Capital Cities and done nothing other than that.

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
It very possible, as somebody who BETA tests HW for a non-Android focused company we get the HW approximately 6 months prior to its release and the Press get the HW approximately 2 weeks prior to the public launch.

Dan

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
It was not that sort of event.

Seriously, forget you ever heard about it.

You mean like it wasnt an event for the media to attend? Im sure it might not have been related to Nexus news, but most of the time if not all the time Google has an event there is usually some coverage. Even if its not nexus news, Im still interested in what was discussed. Is there any news outlet that did do a article about what new things we can expect from the play store?Thank you in advance!

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Several attendees tweeted during the event. There was no mention of breaking news or anything like that. Seemed like just a party. It was all safe and sound.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Why not. Capital Cities is on tour on the East Coast, and Googlefolk got a chance to enjoy autumn in the big city and party with them. Or shall we say Play with them.