Could the N5 appear in Play Store unannounced?

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Any chance Google might just release the N5 for sale in the Play Store without any formal announcement or anything? Just turn it loose all stealth-like, under the cover of night?

Just wondering. That would help alleviate, at least initially, some of the online crush that comes w/announcing the phone will be available at a specific date & time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Any chance Google might just release the N5 for sale in the Play Store without any formal announcement or anything? Just turn it loose all stealth-like, under the cover of night?

Just wondering. That would help alleviate, at least initially, some of the online crush that comes w/announcing the phone will be available at a specific date & time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
They could. Is it likely, I personally don't think so. They are going to be announcing the Nexus 5 along with KitKat. Google will probably want to have some sort of press conference or press release detailing the device and new version of Android prior to releasing the device.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They could. I mean, its their company, their phone, and their website, they can do whatever they want. Will they? Probably not.

boparunsxc

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
My guess is they'll do something similar to the N4 release... they said it would be available on 11/13 so everyone stayed up until midnight waiting for it to release. Then they said 8:30AM PST the next morning, and proceeded to release it 10-20 minutes before that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
My guess is they'll do something similar to the N4 release... they said it would be available on 11/13 so everyone stayed up until midnight waiting for it to release. Then they said 8:30AM PST the next morning, and proceeded to release it 10-20 minutes before that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

This is the likely scenario. I doubt they will open at midnight with sales... would mean most everyone gets nothing by morning except the hardcore people that stay up every night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37