Plastic back? Yecch! November 1? Maybe...

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Plastic does not have to mean feels like crap. I had a Nokia Lumia 900 and that was one of the nicest, most premium feeling phones I have ever had. It felt every bit as nice as an iPhone 4, iPhone 5, or HTC One. Even the Galaxy Note 3 doesn't feel bad, certainly much better than the S4. And I sure hope it is Friday!

alstoba

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Didnt think so haha. Why do they insist on a sealed back? I have a gs4 and its good being able to replace the back, if it gets scratched or damaged, for a couple of quid on eBay. Lgcould make a few quid extra by selling spare batteries I just dont get their issue is it a cost thing?

Posted via Android Central App

Jocelyn84

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Didnt think so haha. Why do they insist on a sealed back? I have a gs4 and its good being able to replace the back, if it gets scratched or damaged, for a couple of quid on eBay. Lgcould make a few quid extra by selling spare batteries I just dont get their issue is it a cost thing?

Well Samsung actually produces its own batteries and sd cards, meaning there's an incentive for them to make phones with replaceable batteries and micro sd cards.

alstoba

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
But dont LG? Surely Google could stick a nexus badge on them? Would definately increase its appeal, eventhough ill buy it anyway. Suppose theyre all heading that way now anyway eg. Sony and htc

Jocelyn84

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
But dont LG? Surely Google could stick a nexus badge on them? Would definately increase its appeal, eventhough ill buy it anyway. Suppose theyre all heading that way now anyway eg. Sony and htc

I don't think LG makes either if these. Samsung is one of 5-6 companies that make nand flash (SSDs, sd/micro sd), and they make a lot of it. Oh and you bright up Sony, who I believe rebadges their sd products, making they're not oem.

alstoba

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't think LG makes either if these. Samsung is one of 5-6 companies that make nand flash (SSDs, sd/micro sd), and they make a lot of it. Oh and you bright up Sony, who I believe rebadges their sd products, making they're not oem.

Thanks, I dont know stuff :(

vido.ardes

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Actually LG have one of the biggest chemical companies in the world (largest in Korea, 15th largest in the world), and produce batteries for everything from the Chevy volt to mobile phones