Sprint Nexus 5

Vladabeast

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Evleaks on twitter tweeted a picture of a Nexus 5 with the caption "coming to sprint" he is well know to leak accurate information and hopefully this does indeed turn out to be true

Posted via Android Central App

Ethan Grimes

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Evleaks on twitter tweeted a picture of a Nexus 5 with the caption "coming to sprint" he is well know to leak accurate information and hopefully this does indeed turn out to be true

Posted via Android Central App

Don't take what I say as trolling, but I picked up my Gnex june of 2012, my last update months ago was to 4.2.1. No updates to address the security vulnerabilities discovered 6 months ago, no good communication from Sprint about support. AOSP support nonexistent. Part of the fault lays on Samsung but a large part also lays on Sprint. The Galaxy Nexus got neutered by Sprint and is Nexus in name only with them. That said, the Nexus S 4G had good support, so just saying that it's an iffy proposition to buy a Nexus device on Sprint and expect support in the long term.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i learned my lesson with the Sprint and Verizon Galaxy Nexus. if it is a special Sprint variant - it is not a true Nexus. AT&T GSM GoPhone here i come! Play Store Unlocked GSM version or bust!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
why stay on contract with Sprint and pay extra for phone subsidies that you won't use? i want the freedom/price of GSM prepaid. i'm also tired of constant SMS/MMS problems with Sprint. i'm gone.

Jocelyn84

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
why stay on contract with Sprint and pay extra for phone subsidies that you won't use? i want the freedom/price of GSM prepaid. i'm also tired of constant SMS/MMS problems with Sprint. i'm gone.

But I only pay $50/month for unlimited everything :confused:

Ethan Grimes

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
We could say that we'll give you an unlimited supply of shoes, but you can never take a vehicle where you want to go. You'll always get there and never be limited by anything but your speed.

You may be happy with Sprint, and honestly it could be good in your particular area, but most Sprint customers suffer from ridiculously slow speeds and poor customer service. You'd have to see where you rank with rootmetrics.

Find the best cellphone carrier | RootMetrics

Jocelyn84

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
We could say that we'll give you an unlimited supply of shoes, but you can never take a vehicle where you want to go. You'll always get there and never be limited by anything but your speed.

You may be happy with Sprint, and honestly it could be good in your particular area, but most Sprint customers suffer from ridiculously slow speeds and poor customer service. You'd have to see where you rank with rootmetrics.

Find the best cellphone carrier | RootMetrics

Sure I understand. I'm in Orlando, FL and coverage here is pretty good :)

Ethan Grimes

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Sure I understand. I'm in Orlando, FL and coverage here is pretty good :)

FYI, wasn't really talking about coverage but more data speeds. Rootmetrics in June tested Orlando and showed Sprint dead last out of the big four. Just saying, having coverage is pretty easy nowadays, it's quality of service that's a bigger issue.

what Sprint plan is that? show me the math.

It's the new sprint unlimited my way plans that launched a month or so ago.

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/sho...agename=whysprint&plan=unlimited&version=base

Last edited:

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
FYI, wasn't really talking about coverage but more data speeds. Rootmetrics in June tested Orlando and showed Sprint dead last out of the big four. Just saying, having coverage is pretty easy nowadays, it's quality of service that's a bigger issue.

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/sho...agename=whysprint&plan=unlimited&version=base

no. there's no Sprint $50 unlimited everything plan.

Ethan Grimes

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
no. there's no Sprint $50 unlimited everything plan.

It's $50 for unlimited talk/text + $30 for unlimited data. If she has a discount (25%) then it can drop it down or if she's on a family plan then it can easy to hit the $50. I have a 25% employee discount I got from being friends with a manager, so it's not difficult to get discounts (though the 25% in her case still wouldn't get it low enough to be $50, it would have to be a different circumstance.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
It's $50 for unlimited talk/text + $30 for unlimited data. If she has a discount (25%) then it can drop it down or if she's on a family plan then it can easy to hit the $50. I have a 25% employee discount I got from being friends with a manager, so it's not difficult to get discounts (though the 25% in her case still wouldn't get it low enough to be $50, it would have to be a different circumstance.

as i said - there's no Sprint $50 unlimited everything plan. even after discounts.

choclab1

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm still in contract with sprint till June. Hope I can just buy from the play store and its all the same variant. It should only be one phone other wise there would of been multiple device come through the FCC.

Posted via Android Central App on New Nexus 7

Jocelyn84

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
what Sprint plan is that? show me the math.

Sero :)

e4ede2yv.jpg

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site

I live in Orlando, I don't know where Jocelyn lives but while there is 4G in a decent amount of Orlando, for the most part it is still pretty damn slow (while better than 3G which was SLOWER than 56k) and even then it is spotty.

Sprint in Orlando is terrible, IMO. The only city I've used Sprint and found it to be half decent was in Atlanta... even then, with the terrible and inconsistent customer service I will take my business elsewhere ASAP.

Jocelyn84

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I live in Orlando, I don't know where Jocelyn lives but while there is 4G in a decent amount of Orlando, for the most part it is still pretty damn slow (while better than 3G which was SLOWER than 56k) and even then it is spotty.

Sprint in Orlando is terrible, IMO. The only city I've used Sprint and found it to be half decent was in Atlanta... even then, with the terrible and inconsistent customer service I will take my business elsewhere ASAP.

I'm in Azalea Park, work nearby, and my 4G has been fantastic since moving here.

Edit - Sprint was horrible in the last three places I lived over the past few years lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie