Nexus 5 Announcement/Release Anticipation Thread

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
We're really getting close now. Both functional and dummy units are showing up everywhere. As the Nexus 5 release heats up, I figured I'd take an initiative here. I've noticed that all the good information I've read here is spread out and in a bunch of different threads. I figured I'd create a thread for us to primarily use to talk amongst each other in anticipation of the rumored announcement, and even possible release, at 11 AM EST tomorrow (the 31st).

Anything in regards to the announcement, release, and store availability can be discussed here.
It'll be a great resource for those of us who'd like the convenience of pressing 'refresh' to see if any new info is out there, while keeping Tapatalk or whichever app set in this thread.

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'll start.

There have been rumors swirling about T-Mobile stores possibly carrying the device in-store as early as tomorrow. I have the $30 prepaid plan as of a few hours ago, and so it wouldn't really apply to me as I'm not postpaid, but that's still interesting. However, when I inquired about the Nexus 5 during the process earlier today, the TMo customer service rep told me they weren't expecting Nexus 5 devices in store until "Quarter 1 of 2014".

Not sure of the accuracy of either one of those (the rep was wrong about activation instructions so who knows what she really knows) but it's there.

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I sure hope it is announced/released tomorrow though I'm not holding my breath.

It makes a bit of logical sense, but of course there is nothing factual to back up any of the rumors.

I'll still monitor the sites regularly tomorrow to see if I can place my order and finally get back to my life, if not, I'll continue patiently waiting!

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'll start.

There have been rumors swirling about T-Mobile stores possibly carrying the device in-store as early as tomorrow. I have the $30 prepaid plan as of a few hours ago, and so it wouldn't really apply to me as I'm not postpaid, but that's still interesting. However, when I inquired about the Nexus 5 during the process earlier today, the TMo customer service rep told me they weren't expecting Nexus 5 devices in store until "Quarter 1 of 2014".

Not sure of the accuracy of either one of those (the rep was wrong about activation instructions so who knows what she really knows) but it's there.

I'm switching to T-Mobile when they get it. I'll call my buddy who is a manger at a corporate store tomorrow. He's waiting for the n5 too.

Posted with my S4 via Android Central App

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
OK I'm really hoping. *holds breath*. I'm really starting to believe tomorrows release date. The only thing is Google has not said a word or sent any invites. I think an announcement would make more sense with a release date of the 1st. Would tomorrow be awesome? Most definitely. Will I buy as soon as it hits the play store no doubt? I hope Google servers will be ready. Will they be? Probably not. I hope they prove me wrong.

Posted via Android Central App

ludesleep

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Thank god both of my morning classes are in computer labs...and I'm gonna be in a completely different universe than the rest of the class.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
If it's also sold on Amazon out of the gate, as rumored, I'm getting a 32GB, if available, from them and the Play Store, overnight shipping for both, if that's offered. I'll just sell whichever one is delivered last, as well as my N4.

Nah, I'm not anxious. ;-)

I'm working @ home. I'll probably wake up around 6:00 am, start working, and hope for good news around 8:00. It's also my wife's b-day. I just wrapped her new iPhone 5s and will give it to her in the morning. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
If it's announced and released today, get ready for a happy fun time with the Play Store checkout process. And by happy fun time, I mean sad, hair pulling, frustrating, and curse filled rage session before realizing it's been sold out for several weeks. Wunderbar!

Hopefully they've improved the system to handle release day.

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping amazon will be selling it right away, looking to get a 32gb black today.

Posted via Android Central App with the HTC One

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Amazon selling it at launch today would be ideal.
16GB Black time. Should be able to order it via the app... I'll likely be at work.

dvrmstrng

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
If things were to change from Today until Xmas time I would have to move on. I am sitting here with a Note 2, a shattered screen and no insurance.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
if this changed to Christmas it would flop to high heaven. It will be the Nexus crash and burn show. Apple would rub this well into googles face and Microsoft would say we got scroogled.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
if this changed to Christmas it would flop to high heaven. It will be the Nexus crash and burn show. Apple would rub this well into googles face and Microsoft would say we got scroogled.

Really? I don't believe Google's intention in releasing the Nexus 5 is to take over the smartphone world, or anything close to that. If it were, there would be a lot more marketing commotion. At bottom, the primary purpose of the Nexus 5 is still as a reference device.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

why even bring up the possibility Christmas? that's just ridiculous and inflammatory.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1