Nexus 5: First Impressions & Reviews

andymacnexus

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 First Impressions & Reviews

I went to carphone warehouse this morning and they had in stock.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Using my new nexus5 right now

Yes it uses a micro SIM. I just purchased a nano to micro SIM adapter from Amazon.

Careful! Several adapters are crap and end up getting stuck in phones. There is only one brand of adapter I would ever trust. Thanks to the wonderful staff at Ac to steering me in the right direction! Great quality German adapters. Here Is a quick write up I did on them.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=320772

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

tmeader

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site

Could you check to see if it allows trusted bluetooth devices? I'm not sure if that would be in the security settings or in bluetooth, but that was one thing that almost made me get the Moto X.

There are several apps on the Play Store that will do this for any Android phone. Personally I use Delayed Lock with its Bluetooth plugin. Works perfectly. Just saying... this shouldn't be a determining factor for buying or not buying.

haribofan

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Got one of the 2 that car phone warehouse in Kendal cumbria UK got this morning and very impressed so far but yes the speaker is just mono . has anyone managed to get the imei sticker off the back as mine is stuck like super glue ?

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

To anyone who has a Nexus 5 and a pair of headphones with in-line media controls (Play/Pause, Volume), do all the buttons work? I know on the Nexus 4 only the Play/Pause button would work on a few headsets I tried.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

Careful! Several adapters are crap and end up getting stuck in phones. There is only one brand of adapter I would ever trust. Thanks to the wonderful staff at Ac to steering me in the right direction! Great quality German adapters. Here Is a quick write up I did on them.

German made Nano-to-Micro SIM Adapter - Works GREAT - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

I can vouch for the quality of those posted here. I ordered one and used it between my Moto X and now dearly-departed G2. SIM snaps into place and does not budge. Great product, and cheap!
Will be using it with the nano-SIM from my Moto X in my Nexus 5.

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site

I can vouch for the quality of those posted here. I ordered one and used it between my Moto X and now dearly-departed G2. SIM snaps into place and does not budge. Great product, and cheap!
Will be using it with the nano-SIM from my Moto X in my Nexus 5.

Now I feel like I should not use the eBay adapter that I bought. My nexus will be here on Monday. Does anyone know of adapters here in the states to buy and get it as quick as possible

andymacnexus

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

I haven't tried to remove the imei sticker , did yours come off eventually?

austriak

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I know it has been too soon and you are probably playing with the phone a ton, but after your first 24 hours, how was battery life?

I know for me, that is my biggest concern. Everything else about this phone sounds great.

andymacnexus

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

I know it has been too soon and you are probably playing with the phone a ton, but after your first 24 hours, how was battery life?

I know for me, that is my biggest concern. Everything else about this phone sounds great.

From what I've seen so far I think it's going to be more than adequate for my usage. Its such a nice device I can't speak highly enough to be honest. I think in due course I will upgrade to a 32gb device , the retailer yesterday only had 16gb and I was too impatient to wait , I'm a bit of a nightmare with phones ;)

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

Now I feel like I should not use the eBay adapter that I bought. My nexus will be here on Monday. Does anyone know of adapters here in the states to buy and get it as quick as possible

Do yourself a favor. Order a 5 pack of the German ones. Such a great product. I ordered an eBay adapter, most don't even hold in place long enough to get it in the Sim tray. I use this adapter inside an htc one all the time. It took all of a week to get the adapter. They process orders within 24 hours apparently.

But seriously it's just not worth getting a cheap adapter stuck in the phone. Take a look at the write up I linked, it compares it to a cheap eBay adapter.

skullfreak

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

Hi I also ordered a n5 am a bit confused on the messaging app tho its the hang outs right?
Will most people download a different app for that and if so what one??
I don't use hang outs and all
any help would be great.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Hi I also ordered a n5 am a bit confused on the messaging app tho its the hang outs right?
Will most people download a different app for that and if so what one??
I don't use hang outs and all
any help would be great.

You can use hangouts and just use the messaging part and not the other stuff. I'm not downloading a different app for messaging but, some people may want to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie