05-24-2016 10:46 PM
519 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Wow, the colors you managed to get are just gorgeous. I'm so impressed by everyone's pics. I wish I could get around to better places here to capture some of the landscape.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    Daryl Bell likes this.
    12-02-2013 01:58 PM
    Took this at work the other day. USAir A319 @ CLT.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    mrsmumbles, mikepas and daryl6784 like this.
    12-02-2013 05:48 PM
    Leaving the neighborhood this evening at sunset

mrsmumbles likes this.
    12-02-2013 05:50 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/03/re4y8eje.jpg

Looks like a movie set. Great looking pics.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    12-02-2013 06:20 PM
    Looks like a movie set. Great looking pics.

Kinda does... Lol... Thanks

mrsmumbles likes this.
    12-02-2013 06:41 PM
    Did you add the watermark via the N5 too?
    12-03-2013 01:11 AM
    fauxreal Picture is looking great !!!
    12-03-2013 08:56 AM
    I've now taken over 300 photos with the N5, and it takes much better photos than my previous smart phones (SGS3, iP4, iP5). What impresses me the most is the quality of indoor shots with no flash and using HDR; excellent exposure, no blur and very little grain. Out of the 100+ photos I took indoors today, not one came out bad, which in my experience is astonishing. When using my SGS3, if I didn't use the flash more often than not the picture would turn out bad. This picture is one example of an indoor construction photo with no flash.

Caveat: I use my camera mainly for still shots, to document construction progress or for scenery shots when riding my motorcycle.

Couldn't be happier! My intent with this post is not to slam the SGS3, as that phone served me well. I'm just reinforcing how good the N5 camera really is. Now if Google would just fix the shutter speed for motion shots.

rav16 likes this.
    12-03-2013 01:59 PM
    Did you add the watermark via the N5 too?
    Yup. All editing done on the phone

12-03-2013 06:09 PM
    VSCO Cam now on Play Store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.vsco.cam

12-03-2013 06:11 PM
    I've now taken over 300 photos with the N5, and it takes much better photos than my previous smart phones (SGS3, iP4, iP5). What impresses me the most is the quality of indoor shots with no flash and using HDR; excellent exposure, no blur and very little grain. Out of the 100+ photos I took indoors today, not one came out bad, which in my experience is astonishing. When using my SGS3, if I didn't use the flash more often than not the picture would turn out bad. This picture is one example of an indoor construction photo with no flash.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/04/ajyhu5yh.jpg

Caveat: I use my camera mainly for still shots, to document construction progress or for scenery shots when riding my motorcycle.

Couldn't be happier! My intent with this post is not to slam the SGS3, as that phone served me well. I'm just reinforcing how good the N5 camera really is. Now if Google would just fix the shutter speed for motion shots.

Impressive! My black 32GB is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I'm looking forward to posting some of my images.

Nexus 7 (2013)
    Allan29 likes this.
    12-03-2013 06:43 PM
    Yup. All editing done on the phone

How did you add the watermark? Stock app, or third party?

Posted via Android Central App
    12-03-2013 10:40 PM
    How did you add the watermark? Stock app, or third party?

Posted via Android Central App
    Pixlr Express
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....pixlr.express

12-04-2013 08:06 AM
    VSCO Cam now on Play Store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.vsco.cam

Finally! For those of us coming from iOS this is the holy grail. Will take a little getting used to from Android folks but I already love the shots I'm getting with my N5 a thousand times more.
    12-04-2013 08:53 AM
    Finally! For those of us coming from iOS this is the holy grail. Will take a little getting used to from Android folks but I already love the shots I'm getting with my N5 a thousand times more.
    Shutter speed is much faster. The documentation said is was optimized for the N5. The controls during shooting are limited, but there are many for post-processing. I'll be taking over 100 pics today at work, so I'll play with this app a bit.

One question. I've dug through the app, but can't figure one part out. When taking a picture, there are three controls on the left menu bar; flash, grid, and a black circle. When selecting the black circle, a red border surrounds the camera screen. What is this?

I've taken a number of pictures and compared to the stock camera app, and there are some definite advantages with respect to speed. I also like the on screen exposure control by tapping. When zooming in to the processed image, it is sharper than the stock app in HDR mode, but has slightly more artifacts than the stock app in standard mode. Not that big of a deal to me, since the shutter is so much more responsive.

Thank you for the post!

12-04-2013 11:26 AM
    Shutter speed is much faster. The documentation said is was optimized for the N5. The controls during shooting are limited, but there are many for post-processing. I'll be taking over 100 pics today at work, so I'll play with this app a bit.

One question. I've dug through the app, but can't figure one part out. When taking a picture, there are three controls on the left menu bar; flash, grid, and a black circle. When selecting the black circle, a red border surrounds the camera screen. What is this?

I've taken a number of pictures and compared to the stock camera app, and there are some definite advantages with respect to speed. I also like the on screen exposure control by tapping. When zooming in to the processed image, it is sharper than the stock app in HDR mode, but has slightly more artifacts than the stock app in standard mode. Not that big of a deal to me, since the shutter is so much more responsive.

Thank you for the post!

My pleasure, I've also noticed that uploading to instragram via this app solves many of the problems people had with android instagram in the past.

Not sure what the black circle you mention is but I'll look into it. Most disappointing thing about the android version is the lack of two finger exposure and focus control. I had no idea Android doesn't allow spot metering, anyone know why this is?
    12-04-2013 05:23 PM
    Most disappointing thing about the android version is the lack of two finger exposure and focus control. I had no idea Android doesn't allow spot metering, anyone know why this is?
    There was one app I tried that allowed this (Camera Awesome?), but it did a poor job at exposure.

12-04-2013 05:28 PM
    Deleted

12-04-2013 05:29 PM
    A few mundane images from my winter yard. Quite frankly I'm more than impressed with the quality of the Nexus 5 camera!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Share your Nexus 5 camera photos, videos, and thoughts!-1386204326045.jpg   Share your Nexus 5 camera photos, videos, and thoughts!-1386204371358.jpg   Share your Nexus 5 camera photos, videos, and thoughts!-1386204399978.jpg  
    mrsmumbles, wrecklass and Gwaron like this.
    12-04-2013 06:50 PM
    Nice shots, TraderGary! I mean, considering they came from a sub par, mundane camera.....

BTW, nice yard!

Yogi217 likes this.
    12-04-2013 06:54 PM
    A few mundane images from my winter yard. Quite frankly I'm more than impressed with the quality of the Nexus 5 camera!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Those are gorgeous.

12-04-2013 07:10 PM
    My pleasure, I've also noticed that uploading to instragram via this app solves many of the problems people had with android instagram in the past.

Not sure what the black circle you mention is but I'll look into it. Most disappointing thing about the android version is the lack of two finger exposure and focus control. I had no idea Android doesn't allow spot metering, anyone know why this is?
    After shooting over 100 photos today, I am very impressed with VSCO. There are some cases where I wish I had HDR, but for the most part VSCO is now my go to photo app. It's solved the shutter lag issue, and the photos are great. Once again, thank you so much for pointing me in that direction, as photos are ONE of the main features I use with my smartphone as I take well over 1,000 a month for my job. I tried the Lumia 1020 (couldn't stand MS OS), iP5 (wife's), Moto X (brother's), and other different brands my friends have, but the N5 was the phone for me.

12-04-2013 07:11 PM

I think the black circle let's you take a photo by tapping anywhere on the screen. I just played around with it and when the red box is on, if I touch the screen, it takes a photo.

mrsmumbles likes this.
    12-04-2013 07:17 PM
    I think the black circle let's you take a photo by tapping anywhere on the screen. I just played around with it and when the red box is on, if I touch the screen, it takes a photo.

Thanks!! Sometimes it's the simple things. Amazing how well the app works, huh?

12-04-2013 07:31 PM
    Dinner while on travel

12-04-2013 08:16 PM
519 ... 7891011 ...